QB Talk Once Again.... sigh

JetsandI

2 minutes ago, jetjuice said:

Who else is coming in and outbidding us at this point?

Answer: no one. This is why JD is a real NFL GM and you're an armchair GM posting on a forum.

I wouldn't have drafted Zach Wilson, so sometimes the armchair GM wins. In fact, I would have fired the scouts who thought we should have drafted that fraud.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Jag68Sid87 said:

I wouldn't have drafted Zach Wilson, so sometimes the armchair GM wins. In fact, I would have fired the scouts who thought we should have drafted that fraud.

You should send your application to 1JD then.

Seriously though, take your emotions out of the equation and realize that we are the ONLY trade suitor, GB has their balls in a vice. Behind ARod himself, it's us who holds the cards, not GB. Overpaying out of impatience would be a stupid, unnecessary move.

2 minutes ago, jetjuice said:

You should send your application to 1JD then.

Seriously though, take your emotions out of the equation and realize that we are the ONLY trade suitor, GB has their balls in a vice. Behind ARod himself, it's us who holds the cards, not GB. Overpaying out of impatience would be a stupid, unnecessary move.

Without emotion, why am I here typing on a message board about a football team that I have followed since 1980? Why do I even watch sports?

• Like 1

To be fair even taking emotion out of wanting to see a deal done asap it’s actually so imperative we know what’s going on before the tampering window opens. 

I have genuinely not slept right since Monday. That’s no BS. Because of the time difference I’m expecting the news to break whilst I’m sleeping.  

19 minutes ago, Jag68Sid87 said:

I think I am more upset that the loser "ex scout" writer for SI who prophesized Zach to be a bust was right, than anything else. God I hate that cuck. We needed Lawrence and wasted a miserable season going 2-14 only to be out-sucked by the Jags, who are now going to be set for years. We even suck at sucking. 

2 minutes ago, ekill08x said:

I think I am more upset that the loser "ex scout" writer for SI who prophesized Zach to be a bust was right, than anything else. God I hate that cuck. We needed Lawrence and wasted a miserable season going 2-14 only to be out-sucked by the Jags, who are now going to be set for years. We even suck at sucking. 

Who would that be? I am not familiar with what he wrote.

21 minutes ago, KimuraGod said:

To be fair even taking emotion out of wanting to see a deal done asap it’s actually so imperative we know what’s going on before the tampering window opens. 

I have genuinely not slept right since Monday. That’s no BS. Because of the time difference I’m expecting the news to break whilst I’m sleeping.  

I get being a fan, but you're letting other grown men who play a kid's game for an exorbitant amount of money affect your health?

1 hour ago, jetjuice said:

I get being a fan, but you're letting other grown men who play a kid's game for an exorbitant amount of money affect your health?

You do understand what the term "fan" means, right?

It is short for fanatic. If someone is losing sleep over a potential Rodgers trade, that seems like the bare MINIMUM in terms of fanaticism.

1 hour ago, jetjuice said:

It’s not affecting my health but it’s certainly something that’s on my mind. But sports is my thing away from business and family so I do allow myself to step out my usual realm of sensibility. 

2 hours ago, jetjuice said:

We're bidding against ourselves, why get trigger happy?

JD is a shrewd negotiator and has enough patience to let this thing unfold and not overpay. That's why he's an NFL GM with a 100% hit rate on trades, and we are not.

Again, I'll ask what is the Jets' fallback option?  Assuming Rodgers doesn't use his leverage to force a trade to New York, who would the Jets turn to if they miss out on Aaron Rodgers?  The Jets don't appear to be in on Lamar Jackson, and signing Jimmy G instead of trading for Rodgers seems like something that the Jets' FO would want to avoid.