QB Talk Once Again.... sigh

JetsandI

11 minutes ago, KingOfNewYork said:

I’m still trying to see an avenue to the playoffs. AFC is really loaded and the East isn’t a cake walk like in years past. Texans and Raiders are only two teams I’m 100% confident we’ll be better than. I think we’re in that 3rd tier of teams fighting for the 7th seed. I mainly don’t trust this coaching staff, I do like the talent we have. 

We get Rodgers only teams I’m worried about are KC and CIN. And even CIN doesn’t scare me with our D and what would be our offense. We played them early last year. If we played them at like week 7 when we were rolling. It’d wouldn’t have been like it was.

3 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

We get Rodgers only teams I’m worried about are KC and CIN. And even CIN doesn’t scare me with our D and what would be our offense. We played them early last year. If we played them at like week 7 when we were rolling. It’d wouldn’t have been like it was.

Bengals defense is no joke.

Just now, JetsandI said:

Bengals defense is no joke.

I don’t think they are. I think we have an elite defense which is better than there’s. And we’d have a great offense. Probably not as good as there’s. But good enough with an elite defense to out score them.

Id have to see how each AFC team rosters panned out. But as of now… those are the only teams that I think we would be competing with. I don’t think MIA, BUF, JAX, BAL, etc can hang with us.

13 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

Talent vs talent I agree I’m just thinking about all the blunders from our staff this past season. 

3 minutes ago, KingOfNewYork said:

Talent vs talent I agree I’m just thinking about all the blunders from our staff this past season. 

I think Rodgers if brought in has full control from the LOS. Meaning audibles and everything. We haven’t had that I don’t think since Favre where they had total control. And ARs football IQ is elite. So I expect offensive blunders to be minimized.

On defense…. I haven’t talked about it too much bc I’ve been preaching it for years. That having an offense that moves the ball and scores alone makes this already elite defense even more elite. Less time on the field, fresh players, etc. equals better defense. In fact you could argue that this defense is just tapping into its potential. Add being fresh and not as much pressure to try and only give up 10 points. I think it’s a great recipe.

I also saw someone mention that we don’t have guys that have playoff experience. A lot of the vets we’ve brought in these last couple off seasons (and that we likely bring in this next week) have playoff experience. So we’re just fine there.

12 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

I don’t think they are. I think we have an elite defense which is better than there’s. And we’d have a great offense. Probably not as good as there’s. But good enough with an elite defense to out score them.

Id have to see how each AFC team rosters panned out. But as of now… those are the only teams that I think we would be competing with. I don’t think MIA, BUF, JAX, BAL, etc can hang with us.

I think our defense is massively overrated based on stats from last season that were heavily skewed by playing against backup QBs for most of the season. Did the defense ever actually come up with big stops down the stretch? 

Did you ever feel comfortable with the idea that our defense was coming up with a stop on 3rd and less than 10? 

We gave up way too much to shotty QBs for me to bandwagon them as elite.

Just now, drew39k said:

I think our defense is massively overrated based on stats from last season that were heavily skewed by playing against backup QBs for most of the season. Did the defense ever actually come up with big stops down the stretch? 

Did you ever feel comfortable with the idea that our defense was coming up with a stop on 3rd and less than 10? 

Yeah the stats are skewed when playing against backup qbs.

On the flip side not having to get a stop/turnover every drive would be nice for them. Also having some time off between drives. The constant 3 and outs were just killers. 

1 minute ago, KimuraGod said:

To get back at the journalists who have offended him it makes sense for AR to decide tonight/tomorrow so they have to work over the weekend 😂😂

Sure, as long as he has already told our team so that they can best mold the team during free agency.

Screwing our team over to spite reporters would be awful.

Just now, KimuraGod said:

Yeah the stats are skewed when playing against backup qbs.

On the flip side not having to get a stop/turnover every drive would be nice for them. Also having some time off between drives. The constant 3 and outs were just killers. 

Absolutely. Don't disagree. A good offense can help a defense stay rested.(a great offense can actually hinder a defense because of scoring to quick).

I just think that we can't claim we have an elite d when we got dunked on by some bad QBs and struggled to come up with stops when needed(I'm looking at you Detroit.)

6 minutes ago, drew39k said:

I don’t think so. I think we were victim of being on the field too much and not creating enough turnovers. Both should see a huge uptick. We get Rodgers. Not even close of the amount of pressure on them. And they’re more rested. And I expect creating turnovers to be a focus in camp. Being more aggressive stripping the ball and maybe taking chances jumping routes.