QB Talk Once Again.... sigh

JetsandI

5 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

I wouldn't count your chickens before they hatch.  There's a very real scenario that Rodgers retires and LJ ends up back with the Ravens.

I’ll continue to say a fallback option of Jimmy G (never mind LJ) is still a gigantic improvement for us at QB. I think all other fans don’t realize how bad our QB play actually was and how good the rest of our roster actually is if we have even an average QB.

3 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

I’ll continue to say a fallback option of Jimmy G (never mind LJ) is still a gigantic improvement for us at QB. I think all other fans don’t realize how bad our QB play actually was and how good the rest of our roster actually is if we have even an average QB.

And if they miss out on Jimmy G?

9 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

And if they miss out on Jimmy G?

Who knows. Maybe Stafford or Cousins? They’ve came up in trade rumors staring the last couple days.

I truly think we’re done with the draft a QB high route for awhile. Go a vet and draft a guy and properly develop them, is how I see it going for us the next few years. 

1 minute ago, Bobby816 said:

Who knows. Maybe Stafford or Cousins? They’ve came up in trade rumors staring the last couple days.

I truly think we’re done with the draft a QB high route for awhile. Go a vet and draft a guy and properly develop them, is how I see it going for us the next few years. 

Stafford is fringe untradeable.  He's got a $74M dead cap if he's traded before June 1st, and only save $1.5M if they trade him post-June 1st.  And reports are Kirk Cousins is working on an extension with Minnesota, so he's not going anywhere.

7 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

Stafford is fringe untradeable.  He's got a $74M dead cap if he's traded before June 1st, and only save $1.5M if they trade him post-June 1st.  And reports are Kirk Cousins is working on an extension with Minnesota, so he's not going anywhere.

You do realize this is the same thing as Jets fans saying what happens if/when Jordan Love is awful? What’s your plan?

You don’t know. And in reality you have WAY more question marks at QB than we do. Bc at bare minimum we bring in a guy like Jimmy, Tannehill or someone like that. That at least you know you have average QB play. And with an elite defense and a good young core on offense makes you may be a playoff team.

19 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

Two weeks ago,I said there is a 50-50 chance we loss Rodgers & Carr. But the odds have changed. Now the odd is 75-25 that Rodgers signs with the Jets. But I have no idea when. We went thru the same thing 65 year ago when the Cards tried to outbid us for Joe Namath.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, doumeyer said:

Two weeks ago,I said there is a 50-50 chance we loss Rodgers & Carr. But the odds have changed. Now the odd is 75-25 that Rodgers signs with the Jets. But I have no idea when. We went thru the same thing 65 year ago when the Cards tried to outbid us for Joe Namath.

I’ll continue to say that until it drags out past noon tomorrow. It really doesn’t matter. But with every passing hour, I grow less confident 

38 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

You do realize this is the same thing as Jets fans saying what happens if/when Jordan Love is awful? What’s your plan?

You don’t know. And in reality you have WAY more question marks at QB than we do. Bc at bare minimum we bring in a guy like Jimmy, Tannehill or someone like that. That at least you know you have average QB play. And with an elite defense and a good young core on offense makes you may be a playoff team.

If Jordan Love is awful, the Packers will probably be in the mix for Caleb Williams or Drake Maye.  If the Jets miss out on Jimmy G, than what?  When Ryan Tannehill is your safety net, you're probably not going to succeed.

We lost 5 games by one TD with horrible QB play. If we had Tannehill, Jimmy G, Winston, or even Wentz, we would have won some of those games. We'll be better. If we miss on the top-2 QBs, we add a qb that gives us a chance to compete and make a plan to find a QB in the near future.  That's it. 

6 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

If Jordan Love is awful, the Packers will probably be in the mix for Caleb Williams or Drake Maye.  If the Jets miss out on Jimmy G, than what?  When Ryan Tannehill is your safety net, you're probably not going to succeed.

Then your roster is awful besides Love. Odds are Love puts you in no man’s land. Heck we were 5-0 with Wilson at QB for a point last year. If you have a decent team. You’re not in position to get a top QB.

I get you’ve never been here before. So the “unknown” is real with you guys.

Fact is we’re likely better off at QB for the DT couple years than you guys are. Maybe that’s bc I never liked Love, when Rodgers fell in your lap. But just don’t see that transition for you guys like it was years ago. I’ll be ear to ear after this last week hearing the GB fans see you struggle at QB for years.

8 minutes ago, BlaZeN37 said:

I don’t understand the animosity towards Packer fans, Bobby. They have been nothing but class throughout this entire situation 

You must be joking. The obnoxiousness has been apparent from the get go. Obviously not all Packer fans but a few in particular are pricks

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, BlaZeN37 said:

I don’t understand the animosity towards Packer fans, Bobby. They have been nothing but class throughout this entire situation 

They “were” and then they started the whole line of thinking l, if anything after Rodgers we get is trash. Rodgers isn’t good, yet they should get a haul for him (makes no sense), not at all understanding that we haven’t had a QB in forever and taking granted they have for decades. Obviously this is generally speaking bc there have been educated good fans. But some takes from them are outrageous.

Started out as then being great. Has gone a tad sour as this waiting period has gone on.