Who Do We Bring Back Next Year? [Cap Discussion] [Jernigan Contract Pg. 4]

JayWood2010

6 hours ago, ninjapirate said:

Also we might need to trade out of the first not just for more picks but to not have to pay a first rounder next year lol 

Finally! I wouldn't mind being at the end of the first round. Just in terms of Howie in that power position. He might net us a nice haul. 

6 hours ago, ninjapirate said:

Also we might need to trade out of the first not just for more picks but to not have to pay a first rounder next year lol 

Finally! I wouldn't mind being at the end of the first round. Just in terms of Howie in that power position. He might net us a nice haul. 

17 hours ago, Phire said:

I think having excess spending/overpaying in the trenches is going to be something we have to get used to. The $$ cuts will come elsewhere IMO.

This is where good teams draft players to take the place of vets they deem expendable. Whether it's Alshon, Bradham, P-Rob, whoever. Good teams find a way to move on one or two of those guys so they aren't carrying tons of high salary players. We have a nice mix now, they need to figure out how to keep it that way. Losing guys we like is going to happen.

12 minutes ago, Jlash said:

This is where good teams draft players to take the place of vets they deem expendable. Whether it's Alshon, Bradham, P-Rob, whoever. Good teams find a way to move on one or two of those guys so they aren't carrying tons of high salary players. We have a nice mix now, they need to figure out how to keep it that way. Losing guys we like is going to happen.

I think we'll overpay at DL/OL and underpay at CB, LB, RB.

This whole dynamic will change once we have to pay Carson his big boy salary. 

The good news is that both sides have incentive to get a deal done, as a new deal would likely lower Graham's cap hit in 2018, and would give the defensive end a fresh batch of new guaranteed money to keep him in Philadelphia for at least another two-or-three years. 

If Graham does indeed get a new deal soon, look for it to lower his 2018 cap figure, freeing up a few extra million for the Eagles to play with this offseason. 

Currys gone unless he restructures, Could see them trading as well.

Curry 5 Million

Use that 5 Million to pay Bradham

Smith and Celek are gone, Celek shouldve been gone years ago. 

Celek 4 Million

Smith 5 Million

That 9 Million goes to pay Alshon

Restructure:

Lane Johnson (Has 0 Guaranteed $ left)

Rodney McLeod (Only 2 Million Guaranteed in 2018)

Malcolm Jenkins (Team Guy, Gets more guaranteed long run and helps team relieve some Cap pressure)

11 minutes ago, EaglesPeteC said:

The $$ will have to come from somewhere and it probably won't be an easy decision. Tough calls for Howie this spring for sure.

I have no doubt in Howie. He continues to display a track record of allowing our team to have just enough cap flexibility.  

28 minutes ago, 808 said:

I have no doubt in Howie. He continues to display a track record of allowing our team to have just enough cap flexibility.  

Admittedly this is the worst cap situation we've been in for a long time. We really went all-in for this year. But with that said this is something Howie is 100% working on every day.

1 hour ago, IrishHooligan00 said:

Currys gone unless he restructures, Could see them trading as well.

Curry 5 Million

Use that 5 Million to pay Bradham

I think Bradham is gonna get more than 5/year. Elite 4-3 OLB's are making in the 10+ range, no way he settles for half of that. Hell, Kendricks makes over 7/year.

Archived