Who Do We Bring Back Next Year? [Cap Discussion] [Jernigan Contract Pg. 4]

JayWood2010

34 minutes ago, Phire said:

two jobs

Needs the money for all the patron he can get

vince_young_shirtless_4.jpg

Also hilarious how there's not a girl in sight. I like to think that they're in Texas, and that it was all big girls in the club and Matts wooed all of them away

• 3 weeks later...
20 minutes ago, EaglesPeteC said:

Assuming we can't bring Patrick Robinson back, who is the slot CB?

Darby

Jones

Mills

Douglas.

That is a really good top 4 outside CB's but not sure who is best fit for the slot with that group.

With all due respect, we've never seen Darby play. 

27 minutes ago, EaglesPeteC said:

Assuming we can't bring Patrick Robinson back, who is the slot CB?

Darby

Jones

Mills

Douglas.

That is a really good top 4 outside CB's but not sure who is best fit for the slot with that group.

I would say Mills is a better fit in the slot than he is outside. Good tackler who can play close to the WR, not much long speed. Douglas may fit that place as well but he might look good at Safety as well given he´s almost an Eric Rowe clone.

Just now, Broadway Joe said:

I would say Mills is a better fit in the slot than he is outside. Good tackler who can play close to the WR, not much long speed. Douglas may fit that place as well but he might look good at Safety as well given he´s almost an Eric Rowe clone.

Mills was my initial thought too.

I think Douglas's strength is the fact that he is big and physical and has good ball skills. I feel like he'd get worked in the slot. 

1 hour ago, EaglesPeteC said:

Mills was my initial thought too.

I think Douglas's strength is the fact that he is big and physical and has good ball skills. I feel like he'd get worked in the slot. 

Agreed, Douglas belongs on the outside. Mills could move inside if we ever do end up with Darbs and Sid as #1 and #2 CBs. 

For Douglas it depends who's in the slot. Slot WRs aren't necessarily always quick guys. We had Jordan Matthews play the slot for us extensively and he's obviously less of a speedster than Agholor who we have in the slot now. Could be a rotating things based on match-up. We have a lot of options on the outside. Maybe bump Douglas for bigger slot receivers and play Mills in the slot against the speedsters.

Archived