Who Do We Bring Back Next Year? [Cap Discussion] [Jernigan Contract Pg. 4]

JayWood2010

2 hours ago, ianlewis16 said:

Totally lol,. He is for sure an outside guy but in reality we can't say he's a really good outside guy. we have literally no idea what we have. 

Its obvious he is the single greatest player of all time. Any other opinion is just irresponsible. 

Alright, I think it's high time we have a more organized discussion about whether or not we want to bring back Malcolm Jenkins next season.

Pros
-He's a team leader
-He's performed well as a whole over his tenure here

Cons
-His play seems to be dropping off and rather quickly
-Cutting him after the season could save us $5.5 Million towards the cap, ($10MM Base, $4.5MM dead)

We're bringing Jenkins back, people. Stop it with that nonsense. 

And I'm 99.9% sure that Trey will resign with us. It would take either some team offering him some ludicrous deal he couldn't pass up, like say, 4 years/$36 mil or something. Or just us not trying to resign him to a reasonable deal, and seeing as Howie is not an idiot and is in fact DA GOAT, I don't see him letting Trey get away. 

1 hour ago, BAConrad said:

And I'm 99.9% sure that Trey will resign with us. It would take either some team offering him some ludicrous deal he couldn't pass up, like say, 4 years/$36 mil or something. Or just us not trying to resign him to a reasonable deal, and seeing as Howie is not an idiot and is in fact DA GOAT, I don't see him letting Trey get away. 

Agree on Malcolm; disagree on Trey. I think he is gone bjt i hope he is not. 1st priority is Bradham 

1 hour ago, BAConrad said:

Jenkins is gunna be on the team, but bringing someone in to compete for his playing time is needed. He has really not been good recently and McCleod seems to have gotten worse as well.

Trey is almost certainly gone. Some team will see his production and believe he can be great with more touches. Idk if it will work out, but he is gunna get more then we can offer him.

14 hours ago, AZ_Eaglesfan said:

Jenkins is gunna be on the team, but bringing someone in to compete for his playing time is needed. He has really not been good recently and McCleod seems to have gotten worse as well.

Trey is almost certainly gone. Some team will see his production and believe he can be great with more touches. Idk if it will work out, but he is gunna get more then we can offer him.

I really think you're overvaluing Trey's value according to other teams. 

Obviously I think he can be a Jordan Reed-lite only without the injuries (they both happened to have been teammates at UF and were former QBs in high school as well) 

We can easily afford to sign him to a multi year deal worth something like 4-6 million annually. And that is what I'd say his market value will be anyway.

We can essentially just use the money from cutting Celek, I believe.

And like I said, if Trey gets a simiilar offer anywhere else he is going to choose us over any other team. He has a 2 year old daughter, really loves living in Philly, his fiancee loves it....I mean sure, he could have just been saying that to me because he didn't want to say something that could look bad, but he's not like that 

17 minutes ago, Phire said:

I can see those arguments. But I think this is one of those situations where around free agency, his agent will be like... you can try to start somewhere and make more money than playing backup to Ertz in Philly.

This. 

I hope I'm wrong. With Torrey Smith showing to be useless I see the Eagles going more multiple TE formations and Burton being a bigger role for the rest of the season playoffs. He isn't going to fly under the radar as he has the last few years.

I would love to see them bring in somebody they feel they need to keep around, draft pick to play the safety position.  With the way the current CB situation is, the fact they won't try Douglas at Malcolm's spot is beyond me. Malcolm's best attribute right now is playing within the box as a run stopper. (That seems to be the case for older safeties.) He can't cover in space, even his zone technique seems to be sliding. Yesterday he didn't carry the receiver long enough allowing a few of those underneath sit routes. 

The last safety we drafted in the first two rounds: Jaiquawn Jarrett 2011 with the 54th pick

They have to know that Jenkins coverted from CB to safety, maybe a Douglas could do the same especially in this current defense. 

I agree Bradham is priority but the injuries sure has ripped us of our depth. 

EDIT: And I need one of these reporters to ask Howie "what's up with yo boy Jaylen Watkins?"

16 hours ago, AZ_Eaglesfan said:

McCleod was always bad, Never saw what anyone seen him as a good player, He's average at best and usually plays well below average. 

Jenkins i could see staying, only way hes gone is if they get a good trade offer for him, But honestly don't see that happening. Maybe con browns into trading a 3rd or 2nd for McCloud lol. 

1 hour ago, EaglesPeteC said:

I'm fairly confident Torrey Smith and Brent Celek will be gone. That's $9 Million instantly, but there are a lot of other players we will have to make a decision on. I don't know how releasing Peters impacts the cap as I've seen varying numbers from different sources. There's also the possibility of Vinny Curry or (y'all hate me for even saying this) Malcolm Jenkins among others.

Archived