The Josh Jacobs Decision

RaidersAreOne

What would you do with Jacobs?  

46 members have voted

1. 1. What would you do with Jacobs?

• Re-sign him, likely for 3-4 years and top ~5-8 pay. Our O would be totally screwed without him.
    • Franchise tag him for one season, run him into the ground, then move on. We need him around but can't commit to him.
    • Let him walk, don't tie up big $ long-term for an oft-injured RB. Collect that comp pick!
    • Other

On 8/2/2023 at 11:50 AM, big_palooka said:

I'll say this.... the Raiders could win a lot of good will right now taking care of Jacobs.

With all the attention the RB issue is getting, players commenting, etc. they could get a lot of good PR with a commitment. 

It's funny, because Al Davis would have paid him instantly. He could care less about trends, markets, value, etc. He would just take care of his own. Of course, Jerry is that way too and hence the mistake signing Zeke to a record deal.  

Agree with this, though I’m kind of intrigued to see if McDaniels can in fact just plug and play RBs too like they appeared to do in NE.

Also, it’s ‘couldn’t care less’ 👍🏼😀

Just now, NYRaider said:

I was bro bro but my haters will never admit it.

You're FN delusional.  There were several posters here that said to tag him.  Myself included.  You're not important enough to have haters.  

• Like 5

On 8/2/2023 at 5:50 AM, big_palooka said:

I'll say this.... the Raiders could win a lot of good will right now taking care of Jacobs.

With all the attention the RB issue is getting, players commenting, etc. they could get a lot of good PR with a commitment. 

It's funny, because Al Davis would have paid him instantly. He could care less about trends, markets, value, etc. He would just take care of his own. Of course, Jerry is that way too and hence the mistake signing Zeke to a record deal.  

Yeah they did some amazing business: 

• Decline his 5th year option because they didn't believe in him.

• Left him in his car at the facility right as the deadline hit.

• Refused to give him GTD money coming off of a 1st team All-Pro season. 

I'm sure that will go over well if they throw him a couple hundred K to get him back into camp. ZieGOAT wins again. 

16 minutes ago, Totty said:

You're FN delusional.  There were several posters here that said to tag him.  Myself included.  You're not important enough to have haters.  

Dumb dumb you realize I'm referring to his 5th year option that they declined last May.

You one of my haters. 

Edited by NYRaider

2 hours ago, Darbsk said:

Agree with this, though I’m kind of intrigued to see if McDaniels can in fact just plug and play RBs too like they appeared to do in NE.

Also, it’s ‘couldn’t care less’ 👍🏼😀

They went from Sony to Harris to Stevenson pretty damn easily. If JJ isn't here for some reason, I'm assuming it'll be more of a RBBC approach.

4 hours ago, NYRaider said:

Dumb dumb you realize I'm referring to his 5th year option that they declined last May.

You one of my haters. 

Tag or 5th year option.  It was within a million of the same price tag.  Doesn't change you flat out BSd trying to over hype your own take.  It was a common sentiment here. 🧢

Edited by Totty

2 hours ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

Jacobs is performing like an elite back. Honestly he did it with not bottom 3 run blocking last year. His game should age very well. If we let him walk I understand but I'll be very disappointed.

It fascinates me that the league thinks there suddenly will be no more LaDainian Tomlinsons or AP's. Jacobs is 25 he was lightly used in college, he has the short stocky RB build that tends to be more durable and hasn't taken big hits. You could be letting a future HOF walk and give another team 5 all pro seasons. 

Absolutely no reason why a 3 year extension wasn't given to him here something you could get out of after 2 if you see decline. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, raidr4life said:

It fascinates me that the league thinks there suddenly will be no more LaDainian Tomlinsons or AP's. Jacobs is 25 he was lightly used in college, he has the short stocky RB build that tends to be more durable and hasn't taken big hits. You could be letting a future HOF walk and give another team 5 all pro seasons. 

Absolutely no reason why a 3 year extension wasn't given to him here something you could get out of after 2 if you see decline. 

That’s an interesting point, he has very little college mileage on him and he is a very solid build. He definitely played his way into earning an extension and probably it’s good for the locker room to show that we reward guys that put it all on the field. The question is that McDaniels has had great success with cheap backs in New England and just moved on and maybe can do the same  in Las Vegas.

All in all I think paying him is the right move but we did offer him what seems like a fair amount - we don’t know the guarantees or anything though.

Another thing is it’s hard to think about not paying Jacobs who has certainly earned it when we’re still paying guys like Littleton who didn’t earn anything like his $ or the dead money on Carr if 6 million for playing for New Orleans, difficult to justify it then.

3 minutes ago, Darbsk said:

That’s an interesting point, he has very little college mileage on him and he is a very solid build. He definitely played his way into earning an extension and probably it’s good for the locker room to show that we reward guys that put it all on the field. The question is that McDaniels has had great success with cheap backs in New England and just moved on and maybe can do the same  in Las Vegas.

All in all I think paying him is the right move but we did offer him what seems like a fair amount - we don’t know the guarantees or anything though.

Another thing is it’s hard to think about not paying Jacobs who has certainly earned it when we’re still paying guys like Littleton who didn’t earn anything like his $ or the dead money on Carr if 6 million for playing for New Orleans, difficult to justify it then.

Having Tom Brady made it alot easier to plug in crap RB's.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, raidr4life said:

Having Tom Brady made it alot easier to plug in crap RB's.

True but do you think EGO might play a role in things?!? McDaniels system will make him think he's good with anybody until proven wrong. Even Brady's ego wanted to win a Super Bowl without the Pats. I'm sure Bill B. wants another Super Bowl with Pats before moving on. All three men are leaders and proved that working together can lead to even more success. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, NYRaider said:

He got hurt in week 6 lil buddy. And Jackson was nice for the Patriots, fans here wanted him hella bad.

And was getting pulled from games prior to injury, lil buddy. 

And nobody gives a rat's arse about whether he was nice for the Patriots. Javon Walker was nice for the Packers once too. 

Some fans here wanted him, sure. Some had Lamar Jackson as superior to Jalen Hurts, some wanted to trade 4 1sts, Crosby, Renfrow, Jacobs, Miller, and the naming rights to the stadium for Russell Wilson, and some wanted to draft Johnny Manziel and then the other attitudinal midget that currently occupies Arizona's C's butt crack. Bringing that up at is just another attempt at using popular opinion as an objective fact by you. 

Don't be Palooka. Do your research first. You're better than that.

• Like 1