The Josh Jacobs Decision

RaidersAreOne

What would you do with Jacobs?  

46 members have voted

1. 1. What would you do with Jacobs?

• Re-sign him, likely for 3-4 years and top ~5-8 pay. Our O would be totally screwed without him.
    • Franchise tag him for one season, run him into the ground, then move on. We need him around but can't commit to him.
    • Let him walk, don't tie up big $ long-term for an oft-injured RB. Collect that comp pick!
    • Other

12 minutes ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

If Carr has success in NO this year while Jimmy G gets injured or flops there is no excuse in the world that can save JM's job.  

Carr shouldnt have anything to do with JMD being on the hotseat. 

JMD and Carr dont mesh. It was one or the other, and after 9 years Mark went with the coach instead of Carr. 

If Jimmy sucks though, I agree itll be a tough offseason, unless we make strides on the D

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, BackinBlack said:

JMD and Carr dont mesh. It was one or the other, and after 9 years Mark went with the coach instead of Carr. 

If Jimmy sucks though, I agree itll be a tough offseason, unless we make strides on the D

Agreed but with a qb he picks anything less than a top 10 scoring offense will be very disappointing. If we do that I’ll be happy. Otherwise I want a young qb

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, BackinBlack said:

Naw he has a point if jimmy flops or doesn’t produce better than carr did last year then imo jmd is the problem. All last year you were yelling top 10 offense. So we just added more to the offense plus jmd has his qb. It’s still a “no excuses” season 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, BackinBlack said:

The Carr situation and how it was handled has a lot to do with JM, this season and him being on the hot seat.  JM turned Carr into the scapegoat for the regression last season and I fully admit Carr did not play well, particularly in the 2nd half of games, however this season will be quite telling to see if it was JM's system that caused the regression in QB play.  The 20 point reduction in Carr's 2nd half QBR compared to his 92 average for prior three seasons is something that is a major red flag for JM and his scheme.  

No one can dispute how poorly the situation was handled or that Carr was a franchise asset that JM turned into a liability.  Every GM, coach, player and agent around the league knows this which is not a good look for the organization and one of the main reason we had such a poor FA haul with so much cap space. Players and their agents want nothing to do with JM or the Raiders until they can prove the naysayers wrong by winning games and not making excuses. 

Moving on from Carr with an upgrade in place and receiving adequate compensation could have been justified but throwing him under the bus, benching him, cutting him and receiving nothing in compensation and incurring a 6M cap hit is a fireable offense in itself.  

If Carr has success in NO and this team is not good while Jimmy G flounders or gets hurt how can anyone justify moving on from Carr, receiving nothing in compensation and incurring a 6M cap hit while downgrading the QB position which lead to the team regressing?  If this team wins 6 games or less there is no way to justify keeping JM around for a third season...

Edited by Frankie2Gunz
  • Like 2

7 minutes ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

Naw he has a point if jimmy flops or doesn’t produce better than carr did last year then imo jmd is the problem. All last year you were yelling top 10 offense. So we just added more to the offense plus jmd has his qb. It’s still a “no excuses” season 

fair, comparing to carrs stats last year is the minimum. 
Should have much better depth then throwing to Moreau and Hollins as your TE and #2. 

Not trying to compare Jimmy vs Carr this year though. I have no problem with both doing well. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, BackinBlack said:

fair, comparing to carrs stats last year is the minimum. 
Should have much better depth then throwing to Moreau and Hollins as your TE and #2. 

Not trying to compare Jimmy vs Carr this year though. I have no problem with both doing well. 

Gonna be impossible to not peak in on the saints and carr this season. Last year was a down year for carr and he didn’t play the last 2 games. Should be easy for jimmy to produce better.

I see what you mean about this year stats tho. But I’d still like to say jimmy has to do better than carr or it would not look good on jmd. 

Edited by NCOUGHMAN
  • Like 4

6 hours ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

Whether or not we agree, I think he is entitled to his opinion. 
Tbf this team is in flux and it’s the weirdest I’ve felt about a season in a while. Not a rebuild, but certainly not going all in either.

Apparently he's allowed to change his mind too, because the front office was the greatest thing since sliced bread and we were all JMD haters. 

1 hour ago, raidr4life said:

Apparently he's allowed to change his mind too, because the front office was the greatest thing since sliced bread and we were all JMD haters. 

I was very clear from day 1 that I was reserving judgment on the HC/GM combo until the season concluded.  I gave kudos to JM out when he called great plays that were executed well and also called him out on terrible play calls that were executed poorly.  As the season wore on it became quite apparent the glimpses of successes his scheme showed lacked consistency which was emphasized with our end of the season collapse. 

I was optimistic that a HC/GM combo was a great idea and in theory it would be but I couldn't fathomed the level of incompetence exhibited by these two.  I refuse to condone incompetence and this duo has shown to be quite incompetent.

After one season my judgement is the combo of these two are not the answer. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, raidr4life said:

I think he’s allowed to do that isn’t he? Shouldn’t we all be prepared to change opinion if evidence is presented which contradicts what we previously thought. It’s those who don’t change their opinion regardless of what they learn that we need to be worried about!

I think you know how I feel about Garoppolo and his ‘win percentage’ but If we can win 8 or 9 games this year and he stays healthy and plays well then I’ll change my opinion of him and our decision to bring him in. 

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, Darbsk said:

I think he’s allowed to do that isn’t he? Shouldn’t we all be prepared to change opinion if evidence is presented which contradicts what we previously thought. It’s those who don’t change their opinion regardless of what they learn that we need to be worried about!

I think you know how I feel about Garoppolo and his ‘win percentage’ but If we can win 8 or 9 games this year and he stays healthy and plays well then I’ll change my opinion of him and our decision to bring him in. 

100 percent spot on!  Well said!   

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, Darbsk said:

It's cool if you change your opinion, but you aren't telling everybody to go back to football 101 and calling everybody fools and haters and looking stupid for it, then trying to backtrack.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, raidr4life said:

It's cool if you change your opinion, but you aren't telling everybody to go back to football 101 and calling everybody fools and haters and looking stupid for it, then trying to backtrack.

I called out JM equally on both good and bad plays throughout the season and said I was reserving judgment until after the season.  How is that looking stupid and backtracking?  

Edited by Frankie2Gunz

16 hours ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

I called out JM equally on both good and bad plays throughout the season and said I was reserving judgment until after the season.  How is that looking stupid and backtracking?  

Nah it make you a fool, who needs to go back to football 101 like you told everybody else.