Week 13: Jets (7-4) at VIKINGS (9-2)

swede700

2 hours ago, SemperFeist said:

That’s what happens in zone coverage if a team can’t get pressure. 

Donatell’s refusal to scheme up ways to create pressure is becoming a fireable offense. 

Don’t know why this wasn’t seen from a mile away. That style of defense just isn’t very aggressive. Would welcome a compete defensive overhaul in the offseason. We aren’t playing playoff caliber defense at the moment, not sure how to get there in a month. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, wcblack34 said:

We’re still starting guys who are/were 4th on the depth chart. Evans played well and is looking like a good foundational piece. Dantzler will be back next week. If we can keep those three healthy for the playoffs, that will help a lot. 

Shelley made some nice plays too. 

Yeah. I don't think a healthy Booth would be much help, either. 

We 100% need to try and sign a top FA CB this year if this is how we're going to run a defense.

7 hours ago, Vikes_Bolts1228 said:

Yeah. I don't think a healthy Booth would be much help, either. 

We 100% need to try and sign a top FA CB this year if this is how we're going to run a defense.

Corner in the first + FA to replace Peterson 

It occurs to me that this team is the football version of Rocky Balboa.  The games aren't pretty, but this team has heart and a punchers chance in every fight.  "I can't see. Cut me Mick!!!"

This allegory only works with the first Rocky film.  You know...the only one that was any damn good!!

Some fans are critical that this team isn't Apollo Creed.  That we aren't the beautiful dancing boxer.  Just enjoy the powerful left hook that floors opponents in the 15th round (Or 4th Quarter.)

• Like 2

12 hours ago, SemperFeist said:

That’s what happens in zone coverage if a team can’t get pressure. 

Donatell’s refusal to scheme up ways to create pressure is becoming a fireable offense. 

I consider this a transitional year, and there are quite a few players that aren't traditionally suited to play in a 3-4 defense.  While I don't like it either, it's been working in not giving up points.  I'm extremely disappointed in them giving up the big plays late, but it appeared to be some poor angles taken and not necessarily the scheme. 

But, on the positive side, the run defense took a step yesterday with the return of Tomlinson.  It was much better and made the Jets fairly one-dimensional, but then they failed at defending that one dimension.  However,  I believe the offense failed them with not being able to sustain anything offensively in the 2nd half.

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, JDBrocks said:

Reagor played 2 offensive snaps and had 45 yards yesterday. I'd like to see him get some more opportunities. It feels like he has a place in the offense.

Far out thought, maybe were working on some plays in practice but keeping them in our back pocket for the playoffs. A handful of plays or looks the opposing teams havent seen on tape or in game.

41 minutes ago, JDBrocks said:

Reagor played 2 offensive snaps and had 45 yards yesterday. I'd like to see him get some more opportunities. It feels like he has a place in the offense.

They're obviously not picking up his 5th yr option next year, but I think a full offseason of work with this offense, he can carve out a role as a deep threat WR (which it needs) and gadget play guy, which might be enough to get him a reasonable extension as a 3rd WR/potential 2nd.  He obviously has physical talent, but whether he can ever put it all together is another thing.