Week 13 Thread: Commanders at GIANTS GIANTS (help us God) - Little Giants gif thread

MikeT14

1 hour ago, turtle28 said:

Or, OR… give him two more weeks to build up confidence in his knee & play him on a grass field at home instead of the worst playing surface in the league… Sassy Jimmy Fallon GIF by The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon

Two weeks? They said there was a chance he’d be available to start the season and this is closing in on week 13. Either the guy can play or he can’t. If this is mental then just shut him down. Activating him was a waste of a roster space for a team that could use all the help possible trying to make a playoff run. I was always of the opinion that we should be careful with Chase but this is just absurd now.

Are we going to be dealing with this next season too? Is he going to start 2023 on the PUP list so we can be careful of the surface he’s playing on? Honestly, I can’t even remember the last time a guy who suffered this same injury missed this much time? If Chase is too scared to play then IR him and be done with it. 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, lavar703 said:

Two weeks? They said there was a chance he’d be available to start the season and this is closing in on week 13. Either the guy can play or he can’t. If this is mental then just shut him down. Activating him was a waste of a roster space for a team that could use all the help possible trying to make a playoff run. I was always of the opinion that we should be careful with Chase but this is just absurd now.

Are we going to be dealing with this next season too? Is he going to start 2023 on the PUP list so we can be careful of the surface he’s playing on? Honestly, I can’t even remember the last time a guy who suffered this same injury missed this much time? If Chase is too scared to play then IR him and be done with it. 

It’s not just an ACL tear, it’s an ACL year & patella tendon tear. Did you even read what I posted before?

You are totally overreacting as far as the 2023 PUP comment. I can see your upset but let’s not overreact for once in your comments.

As far as Rivera saying Chase may have been ready to start the season, that was more hope than a definite statement, key word “may.” Rivera was pretty clear when speaking about Chase last summer that he had more than just an ACL injury & he probably wouldn’t be ready to start the season. 

Chase is fine physically, he’s showing he can go. My point is clearly, why play him in his first game back on a poor playing surface - maybe the worst in the league - at Met Life? 

If you wait two weeks, we’ll still have 4 games left & that’s plenty of time to get worked back in while playing all 4 of those games on grass fields. That’s a much better plan.

Edited by turtle28

When Chase was activated I felt we will finally have him back. However since he has not played yet I personally feel maybe we should just wait and maybe we should take ultra conservative approach and shut him down. Let him have another yr to heal. So really I like the idea we are not rushing him back. Our  D is playing okay anyway. We should be okay vs the Giants  if we don't beat ourselves. 

Edited by 4209

11 hours ago, turtle28 said:

It’s not just an ACL tear, it’s an ACL year & patella tendon tear. Did you even read what I posted before?

You are totally overreacting as far as the 2023 PUP comment. I can see your upset but let’s not overreact for once in your comments.

As far as Rivera saying he may have been ready to start the season, that was more hope than a definite statement, key word “may.” He was pretty clear when speaking about Chase last summer that he had more than just an ACL injury & he probably wouldn’t be ready to start the season. 

Chase is fine physically, he’s showing he can go. My point is clearly, why play him in his first game back on a poor playing surface - maybe the worst in the league - at Met Life? 

If you wait two weeks, we’ll still have 4 games left & that’s plenty of time to get worked back in while playing all 4 of those games on grass fields. That’s a much better plan.

I’m not overreacting. He’s most likely not going to play this year. If they’re this terrified to put him on the field because the surface or rainy conditions or whatever else than I can’t imagine he suits up at all. And when all is said and done he’ll have missed almost just as much time as Alex Smith missed and Alex Smith nearly had to have his leg amputated. 

It’s not even just the fact he’s not playing and they’re being ultra conservative, they just lost a year and a half of his rookie contract. I get he got injured but if you genuinely don’t find how bizarre this is then I don’t know what to tell you? And if they’re doing this because Chase isn’t comfortable than we have even bigger problems on our hands because this will happen any time he gets dinged up. 

Edited by lavar703

13 hours ago, lavar703 said:

I think you said everything I wanted to

• Like 1

People keep saying that he shouldn't play today because if we let him sit one more week he also gets the bye week, so technically two more weeks to recover or get in football shape. In my opinion, the bye week coming up next is all the more reason why he should play today (Atleast on a snap count). When you've been out of football for over a year, you're going to feel bruised up as hell after that first game. Having two weeks to recover from your first game back compared to one is huge! Another thing is that at this point, the two extra weeks are not going to suddenly make him "healthy" from an injury like this. It's all about getting in football shape, which is why you play him in a limited fashion today and then bring him back after the bye for more action.

Disclaimer.... I am no medical expert and my opinion is not backed by any science. 

Edited by Umbaugh21
  • Like 1

45 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

Chase & Juice are both out.

NFL Network just said that "Ron decided to hold him out again."

Probably should have given him limited snaps today, let him rest over the bye week and then come back for more snaps against the Giants at home, but I'm not the Head Coach.