Titans fire GM Jon Robinson

RaidersAreOne

11 hours ago, RuskieTitan said:

Karma. He's struggled in the first round of the draft over the last few years, the Brown trade to then draft a rookie was a bad look, which culminated in Brown dunking on the Titans defense this weekend. Good for the Titans organization, it's about time they cut the cord with a guy who has done well with initially building the roster, but thought he was smarter than everyone else in not having to pay the young talent - why do that when you can throw big money at old washed up players and draft 1st round busts.

What does this do for his hall of fame chances though?

On 12/7/2022 at 2:25 AM, ET80 said:

What does this do for his hall of fame chances though?

Interesting question, I took a look and I believe there are something like 13 GMs in the hall of fame, but many of them were also in other positions such as owner.

With no ring to highlight his tenure here, Robinson would need to latch on somewhere else and have prolonged success with likely needing a Lombardi trophy to be eligible imo.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, RuskieTitan said:

Interesting question, I took a look and I believe there are something like 13 GMs in the hall of fame, but many of them were also in other positions such as owner.

With no ring to highlight his tenure here, Robinson would need to latch on somewhere else and have prolonged success with likely needing a Lombardi trophy to be eligible imo.

Thank you for fleshing this out.