Titans fire GM Jon Robinson

RaidersAreOne

15 minutes ago, TheKillerNacho said:

A little odd, I think. He's made some mistakes this offseason, but they've still had nothing but winning seasons under him and are on pace to clinch their division yet again.

I hear you but this same thought process is how BOB lasted so long in Houston. 

• Like 1

It’s been a discussion in the Titans forum for quite some time. As @-Hope-said, there’s no arguing that he brought stability to the organization and his 2016-2019 run helped build the organization into a consistent playoff team.

But a third consecutive bad offseason did him in. Eventually the goodwill earned years ago diminishes. The AJ trade might have been the final nail in Vrabel and Robinson’s relationship, but it goes back to 2020, when we made AFC championship game and then spent our limited resources on Vic Beasley and Clowney and drafted Isaiah Wilson in the first.
And then in 2021 when we lost more talent and used our limited cap to give big money to an above average edge coming off of an ACL and traded two picks for the right to pay Julio $20 million. And also drafted Farley in the first.

Vrabel has done an incredible job of maintaining success with a roster that has been slowly drained of talent. But all confidence in Robinson has to have been lost when he couldn’t figure out a solution with a player that Vrabs continuously showered with personal and professional praise.

• Like 3

42 minutes ago, TheKillerNacho said:

A little odd, I think. He's made some mistakes this offseason, but they've still had nothing but winning seasons under him and are on pace to clinch their division yet again.

That says a lot more about the rest of the division over the last few seasons than Robinson's ability to build a good roster.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, AZ_Eaglesfan said:

Thank god they did this now and not before he gave us AJ.

That’s why he got fired 

cause the rationale with that was just stupid 

paying a rb and not you’re star receiver will get you fired every time. 

plus drafting Isaiah Wilson was a deplorable move as well 

14 minutes ago, RaidersAreOne said:

For everyone noting the AJ Brown trade, didn't AJ want out? He refused to negotiate with the Titans didn't he?

Or am I completely confusing him with someone else?

No you’re right. That did happen, but I think we have to question why he did that now. Maybe JRob flubbed it?

25 minutes ago, RaidersAreOne said:

For everyone noting the AJ Brown trade, didn't AJ want out? He refused to negotiate with the Titans didn't he?

Depends on who you ask. Everyone has a different take on what happened.

35 minutes ago, RaidersAreOne said:

My understanding is AJ wanted out because he wanted the bag and the Titans were not willing to give him said bag.