Titans fire GM Jon Robinson

RaidersAreOne

On 9/20/2022 at 5:32 AM, TitanSlim said:

If for whatever reason it doesn’t work out with Jon Robinson, just look back 2020 + 2021 draft classes and the AJ Brown decision that led to his demise.

You’re really setting yourself up to fail when you completely whiff on, not one, but two draft classes back to back. 14 picks between the two classes and only 1 starter to show (Fulton) and even he has questions and concerns. The 2021 class still has a chance to turn it around but it doesn’t look promising.

Said this back in September.

• Like 2

The man is under contract thru 2027 and going to be paid to not be the Titans GM.

I'm of the opinion something not yet reported (personal) has occured.

I understand some of the views on his productivity in recent drafts, trades, FA ect but WHY NOW? What was the hurry in a playoff run?

Edited by Nabbs4u
  • Like 1

Just now, Nabbs4u said:

The man is under contract thru 2027 and going to be paid to not be the Titans GM.

I understand some of the views on his productivity in recent drafts, trades, FA ect but WHY NOW? What was the hurry?

I'm sure AJ destroying the Titans while their offense has been meddling rubbed a lot of people in that organization the wrong way. Vrabel looked pissed on draft night when they traded him.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Nabbs4u said:

I understand some of the views on his productivity in recent drafts, trades, FA ect but WHY NOW? What was the hurry in a playoff run?

I guess if you plan on getting rid of him anyway, might as well rip the bandaid.🤷‍♂️ I loved JRob and everything he’s done for the franchise but Sunday’s game plus the pass couple of offseasons doomed him. I know our record was good but the direction of the team was honestly heading in the wrong direction.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, 49ersfan said:

Vrabel is so underrated. HIs name always seems to be missing from the top HC rankings/discussion but he gets the most out the Titans for sure. 

There can only be so many top coaches. As some of the older guys retire, he'll move up. Plus, coaching in a weak division doesn't hurt.

9 minutes ago, 49ersfan said:

Vrabel is so underrated. HIs name always seems to be missing from the top HC rankings/discussion but he gets the most out the Titans for sure. 

I think he's the best HC in the NFL. His roster always punches well above their talent.