Rodgers to the Jets Trade Discussion

pgwingman

2023 Rodgers  

100 members have voted

1. 1. Which team gives Rodgers the best shot in 2023?

• Packers
    • Somewhere else

2 minutes ago, Sasquatch said:

So it's possible we'll know by Friday if he went insane.  I mean, sitting in complete darkness devoid of sound could drive the man - any man - completely insane.  I'm sure they've done studies in prison about the effects of throwing inmates into the hole for several days.  

Regardless, 1265 might get some clarity soon.

He said there might be some hallucinations with this.  I wouldn't expect anything soon maybe next week or two.

15 minutes ago, Leader said:

The fact that AR publicly stated this retreat / dark experience will help him decide on his future is laughable and amazingly immature IMO.

Wonder if Rodgers will be brining any peyote or ayahuasca into the hole with him?  This tweet cracked me up, lol.

1 minute ago, incognito_man said:

I'm confident this would be the reaction if Lombardi, Bellichick or Siriani was our HC

what-the-hell-whats-going-on.gif

I'd have told exactly zero people that I was going into a dark cave to gain clarity, but that's me.  And if I disappeared into the spirit world and never came back, that story would still be better than telling everyone on the planet that I went into a dark, noiseless room for four days.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, mikemike778 said:

I honestly wonder if people stop to engage their brain before typing.

Dan Marino never won a title and at the age of 60 is still recognised as a legend of the game. Rodgers has a ring, crazy numbers, is in the discussion for best arm talent of all time (not best QB), you then have the off the field stuff, the endless debates about him.  He will end with one of if not the least forgettable careers a QB has ever had even the haters will remember him. 

Sorry, don't want to insulting but that's just a laughably bad take.  

Compares Dan Marino to Aaron Rodgers; 2 posts later says cant compare between eras.

Kurt warner, Drew Brees, and Big Ben will also fall into this category. In the long arc of history, nothing they accomplished will stand as unique. Just swimming in a list of non-generational players that will grow longer and see them continue to fall in rank. Including better arms. If he doesnt win another superbowl, Rodgers will be lucky to be remembered as the guy after Favre but before Love. 

Not dominant enough to be a consistent difference maker in the era of brady and manning, surpassed in the era of mahomes. Just a guy.

I think the options he's considering is retiring or coming back to Green Bay.  I dont think he's interested in starting over with the Raiders or Jets.  The Raiders are a dumpster fire and the New York media will have him for lunch.  Both places will see him as a savior, he fails at either place and where is his legacy??

I think he's back in Green Bay.  I'd like to see a good trade haul, but there's nothing really attractive for him to go to.  

If you look at it from his view, the trade options aren't great.  I think he's back.

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, HokieHigh said:

Compares Dan Marino to Aaron Rodgers; 2 posts later says cant compare between eras.

Kurt warner, Drew Brees, and Big Ben will also fall into this category. In the long arc of history, nothing they accomplished will stand as unique. Just swimming in a list of non-generational players that will grow longer and see them continue to fall in rank. Including better arms. If he doesnt win another superbowl, Rodgers will be lucky to be remembered as the guy after Favre but before Love. 

Not dominant enough to be a consistent difference maker in the era of brady and manning, surpassed in the era of mahomes. Just a guy.

This is completely and categorically false.

Y'all should be ashamed to be Packers fans. 4 time MVP, all-time top five in almost every efficiency stat, and yes, he is a Super Bowl champion.

Regardless of how you feel about the age 39 version or his personality, Rodgers is inner-circle elite.

• Like 3