Rodgers to the Jets Trade Discussion

pgwingman

2023 Rodgers  

100 members have voted

1. 1. Which team gives Rodgers the best shot in 2023?

• Packers
    • Somewhere else

1 hour ago, Outpost31 said:

Trade Love so Mr Anonymous can toot his horn, but really we’re just trading him to make it look like we’re keeping Rodgers (so teams don’t ask why we’re trading him if we think he’s so good). Get a mid first round pick there.

Then trade Rodgers to the Raiders for #7 overall.

Then sign Derek Carr to a team friendly deal.

Use 7th overall on Will Anderson or Myles Murphy.

Use 15th overall on Brian Branch.

Use the Love first round pick on the best offensive tackle remaining.

it will be impossible to sign Carr to a deal that is team-friendly

2 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

it will be impossible to sign Carr to a deal that is team-friendly

Derek Carr is about to Rich Gannon the NFL. Dude’s had like 17 offensive coordinators, 37 head coaches, a good receiver once in his career, crap OL his entire career and has had a bottom 10 defense every single year of his career.

If he signs anything close to 10% of the cap, dude’s gonna win a Super Bowl and I’m gonna tell everyone I toad them so.

Just now, Outpost31 said:

Derek Carr is about to Rich Gannon the NFL. Dude’s had like 17 offensive coordinators, 37 head coaches, a good receiver once in his career, crap OL his entire career and has had a bottom 10 defense every single year of his career.

If he signs anything close to 10% of the cap, dude’s gonna win a Super Bowl and I’m gonna tell everyone I toad them so.

Sounds like the next quarterback of the New York Jets to me. After we unload Rodgers on Vegas. 

12 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

he won't do the second part though, he's looking to cash in bigly

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

Nah, he's a choker. 

2 hours ago, Outpost31 said:

Trade Love so Mr Anonymous can toot his horn, but really we’re just trading him to make it look like we’re keeping Rodgers (so teams don’t ask why we’re trading him if we think he’s so good). Get a mid first round pick there.

If they were to trade Love (in addition to trading Rodgers to LV for pick 7),  then I would be at least 'trying' to move up to grab CJ Stroud. Might cost too much to do so, but if Bryant gets picked before Stroud, they might have a chance. 

Edited by DWhitehurst

6 hours ago, Old Guy said:

If Gute wanted to roll the dice and extend Love now because the organization believe in him, what would it cost?

Say 4- or 5-year extension. 

What is the SB? 

What is the amount of contract guaranteed? 

This is all based on Rodgers being traded. 

I don’t think there’s a real reason for Love to sign a new deal right now.

6 hours ago, CWood21 said:

I don’t think there’s a real reason for Love to sign a new deal right now.

OK, but that wasn't the question. 

The question is what it would take to extend Jordan Love before next season. He clearly can't be thinking he'd get paid at the top of the food chain. 

15 hours ago, NFLGURU said:

What if Rodgers says he wants to come back and will redo his deal significantly if his boys, Cobb, Lewis, ect can come back too.  You're Murphy, what's your call?

This is basically last year only the Packers gave him a record contract instead of Rodgers providing a discount. So this kind of answers itself.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Outpost31 said:

I'm sorry that your QB cap / Super Bowl theory that you base your entire existence on was shattered last night.