Rodgers to the Jets Trade Discussion

pgwingman

2023 Rodgers  

100 members have voted

1. 1. Which team gives Rodgers the best shot in 2023?

• Packers
    • Somewhere else

Just now, Packerraymond said:

You honestly think after all this has leaked out over how fed-up with Aaron they are, that they would let him come back on his own terms? That would be the entire organization taking a public castration in front of the whole NFL audience. If he comes back, expect him to take a paycut and be there for the entire offseason program. 

They're not "fed up" with him though. Being willing to move on because Love showed some improvement does not equal "get rid of him at all costs". They can be hopeful Rodgers wants to go elsewhere, while being scared to death that ultimately he's going to want to stay. And from what I've been led to believe, they'll cave if Rodgers insists on staying. Pretty simple actually.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, R T said:

And the spotlight finally lands on why the compensation is not going to be what many are dreaming it will be. 

Well put yourself out there.  What do you think compensation will be?  I'm thinking a #1 and a player this year.  #2 conditional in 2024.  Pretty much in line with what Old Guy is thinking.  Maybe we help them by eating 20 mil of the 60 mil owed really not sure about how any of that would work. 

Just now, Mr Anonymous said:

They're not "fed up" with him though. Being willing to move on because Love showed some improvement does not equal "get rid of him at all costs". They can be hopeful Rodgers wants to go elsewhere, while being scared to death that ultimately he's going to want to stay. And from what I've been led to believe, they'll cave if Rodgers insists on staying. Pretty simple actually.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, HokieHigh said:

Rodgers had a last dance a contract he was not disgruntled by.

Packers are trading cash this year for picks that will have a long term impact. Jets couldnt afford rodgers if we werent picking up a big portion of the tab that he commands. This is enabled by the structure of the deal.

It’s not like NYJ is getting a discount from market-rate of what a top-5 QB would cost. Even if they eat $20m, AR would still cost the Jets a top-4 QB cap hit for the next 2 yr. Hypothetically, if GB hadn’t overpaid so much (for example including $20m less in the original extension), they could still have gotten pick #13 & 43 from the NYJ right now. And have $20m more in their own pocket on top of it.

GB is just cleaning up their own mess.

Just now, skibrett15 said:

if the packers exercise the option then trade him, dead cap is 100m

Which is why it doesn't matter, as that is not a plausible scenario.

About an equal chance he decides he wants to be the GOAT of the XFL and the first payer traded from one league to another. Should we start discussing that possibility?

• Like 1

Don't make me root for Rodgers to want to stay @Packerraymond

I want nothing more than for him to be successfully wooed by the Jets and take management off the hook even at the expense of everyone here telling me I was wrong. I won't have been wrong about anything other than misreading Rodgers but I'll be much more excited about this coming season.

• Like 2

Just now, Packerraymond said:

Which is why it doesn't matter, as that is not a plausible scenario.

About an equal chance he decides he wants to be the GOAT of the XFL and the first payer traded from one league to another. Should we start discussing that possibility?

So when you said it doesn't matter, what you meant to say was "unequivocally, the Jets" but you said "doesn't matter"

2 minutes ago, TransientTexan said:

It’s not like NYJ is getting a discount from market-rate of what a top-5 QB would cost. Even if they eat $20m, AR would still cost the Jets a top-4 QB cap hit for the next 2 yr. Hypothetically, if GB hadn’t overpaid so much (for example including $20m less in the original extension), they could still have gotten pick #13 & 43 from the NYJ right now. And have $20m more in their own pocket on top of it.

GB is just cleaning up their own mess.

The jets could not afford rodgers if packers werent picking up part of the tab.