Rodgers to the Jets Trade Discussion

pgwingman

2023 Rodgers  

100 members have voted

1. 1. Which team gives Rodgers the best shot in 2023?

• Packers
    • Somewhere else

13 minutes ago, Mazrimiv said:

Not really.  Picks 13 and 43 are pretty good relative to recent expectations, but are pretty awful relative to what likely would have come back had these trade talks occurred a year ago like many in this forum wanted.  And that doesn't even take into account the terrible contract.

I do agree that we could have gotten more for him, but you have to take into account the fact that we had a chance to run it back this year. If we win it all this year, his value would have stayed that high. 

And this time allowed them to remove some uncertainty about Love. 

It wasnt diminished returns for nothing until you consider our season was awful, due in large part to injuries. 

2 minutes ago, Mr Anonymous said:

I just wish it was literally any team other than the Jets. Wouldn't surprise me at all if Rodgers turns them down for no other reason than not wanting to repeat the Favre storyline.

I've had the same thought. There is a 0% chance this isn't a factor for Rodgers. Hopefully he can get over it, but you just know he's feeling some level of bitterness about it.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, HokieHigh said:

The jets could not afford rodgers if packers werent picking up part of the tab.

…..Because GB gave him the overinflated deal in the first place in 2022. 

Them having to do this right now just to execute a deal is a mess of their own making. 

the contract was deflating AR’s value. GB working to un-deflate it now, is not the same as them inflating it into a discount deal. At least as far as giving the FO kudos for the original deal is concerned.

2 minutes ago, Lodestar said:

I've had the same thought. There is a 0% chance this isn't a factor for Rodgers. Hopefully he can get over it, but you just know he's feeling some level of bitterness about it.

Or maybe the idea of successfully resurrecting the Jets where Favre failed is exactly the type of thing that would appeal to Rodgers.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, TransientTexan said:

…..Because GB gave him the overinflated deal in the first place in 2022. 

Them having to do this right now just to execute a deal is a mess of their own making. 

the contract was deflating AR’s value. GB working to un-deflate it now, is not the same as them inflating it into a discount deal. At least as far as giving the FO kudos for the original deal is concerned.

Because rodgers expects to be the highest paid qb in the league. Not #4.

15 minutes ago, Mr Anonymous said:

Don't make me root for Rodgers to want to stay @Packerraymond

I want nothing more than for him to be successfully wooed by the Jets and take management off the hook even at the expense of everyone here telling me I was wrong. I won't have been wrong about anything other than misreading Rodgers but I'll be much more excited about this coming season.

I am still 50/50 him staying or going. What I'm 100/0 on though is that we're not begging him to come back. We did that in 2021. Then we committed to him in 2022 and it's clear as day the FO felt like Rodgers acted like a retiring business owner who sells his company and takes the victory lap year as a "advisor" on staff. He showed up to work every day in his Tommy Bahama and khakis. If he wants back in, it's time to dust off the work uniform and truly go "all in." 

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

This is not true at all.

what specifically is it about the option bonus of $59M with a long window (march 15 until september, which is the only unique aspect of his deal) that allows them to exchange cap for compensation?

Edited by skibrett15

2 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

I am still 50/50 him staying or going. What I'm 100/0 on though is that we're not begging him to come back. We did that in 2021. Then we committed to him in 2022 and it's clear as day the FO felt like Rodgers acted like a retiring business owner who sells his company and takes the victory lap year as a "advisor" on staff. He showed up to work every day in his Tommy Bahama and khakis. If he wants back in, it's time to dust off the work uniform and truly go "all in." 

agree with everything except I'm not 50/50. I think the odds are much lower Rodgers would show the required humility to return to GB on the terms he would need to in order to get welcomed back.