Rodgers to the Jets Trade Discussion

pgwingman

2023 Rodgers  

100 members have voted

1. 1. Which team gives Rodgers the best shot in 2023?

• Packers
    • Somewhere else

Without another team showing interest it's pretty hard to convince the Jets to send a boatload of picks.

As far as the NYJs, and with no one else showing interest, a swap of first round picks in 2023 and a 2nd in 2023 and 2024 would be plenty.

But if another team starts bidding we can do much better than that. Please let someone else start showing interest. Doesn't Gute have a friend in the biz that will at least pretend to show interest?

3 minutes ago, Uffdaswede said:

Without another team showing interest it's pretty hard to convince the Jets to send a boatload of picks.

As far as the NYJs, and with no one else showing interest, a swap of first round picks in 2023 and a 2nd in 2023 and 2024 would be plenty.

But if another team starts bidding we can do much better than that. Please let someone else start showing interest. Doesn't Gute have a friend in the biz that will at least pretend to show interest?

We don't know there isn't or hasn't been other interest. It's very possible the Jets initial offer was the best so they're the only team we gave permission to. If another team steps up more, we could grant them permission, too.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Uffdaswede said:

And the alternative for the Jets is what again?

Just now, Uffdaswede said:

Depends on how the Packers screened teams to begin with.  They've probably been talking with teams for several weeks.  If teams had to meet a certain compensation threshold to begin with before talking with Aaron, it would make sense that the Jets were the last team standing.  Other teams may have been eliminated along the way.  The Raiders were definitely interested for a while, and then they changed gears.  Maybe they changed gears because they were eliminated by the Packers.  Maybe we'll eventually find out how things went down.

2 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

And the alternative for the Jets is what again?

I think the Packers have the Jets by the short hairs.  Worse comes to worse they welcome a pissed off Aaron back to GB if they have to, or they just squat on things for a while and see how things play out in Baltimore and other cities.  The Jets literally can't get another Rodgers equivalent at this time.  They could try to beg Brady to unretire, but he ain't going to the Jets.

58 minutes ago, minnypackerfan said:

Gut feeling.  My rationale for that statement is this.  If he is as disinterested this offseason as he was last offseason in getting to know his new team and players, they will get off to a slow start. Even if he does show up, it will take him awhile to acclimate to these new players.  The New York press will be all over him if that happens and they won't treat him with kid gloves like the Green Bay press did. I think he will show cracks if that happens more often resulting in more turnovers and off target throws.

Second, my opinion of Rodgers is that he also is a descending talent. He sees things through a straw and locks onto one guy too often, hesitates making decisions, and his arm talent is not a great as it used to be (not surprising for a 39-year old) but maybe that's because he showed up to camp last year out of shape according to the McGinn article. Father time is winning as it always does. He is becoming less mobile and he is going to get hit more often.   

Third, at his age, he is more prone to injury, and when injured will take longer to heal. I would expect he will get injured again this year and it will adversely effect his play....just like what happened last year in Green Bay. I would not be surprised to see him miss 3-4 games this year. 

Fourth, I think that when a lot of teams played the Jets last year, they knew their offense stunk, so you could just tell your offense not to screw it up. That won't happen this year and their defense will be under more stress because of it. One of my best friends is a Jets fan and season ticket holder and he says that other teams definitely played very conservatively offensively against the Jets last year. He also thinks their offensive talent is overrated.

Finally, let Rodgers bring his posse from Green Bay.  They are as old as he is and not getting better.  Bringing them in would make it worse not better. 

Assuming the Jets are gonna start slow when they started fast last year with Joe Flacco is probably more of a hope than a facts based prediction.

Rodgers is going to a roster that is better than the SB winning Rams in 2021, albeit with slightly worse coaching I think.

9 minutes ago, {Family Ghost} said:

I think the Packers have the Jets by the short hairs.  Worse comes to worse they welcome a pissed off Aaron back to GB if they have to, or they just squat on things for a while and see how things play out in Baltimore and other cities.  The Jets literally can't get another Rodgers equivalent at this time.  They could try to beg Brady to unretire, but he ain't going to the Jets.

Nobody wins in this situation if the Rodgers-to-the-Jets trade fizzles out.  Neither side wins.