Rodgers to the Jets Trade Discussion

pgwingman

2023 Rodgers  

100 members have voted

1. 1. Which team gives Rodgers the best shot in 2023?

• Packers
    • Somewhere else

Just now, gopackgo972 said:

I’m not getting my hopes up for the jets 2023 1st rounder. Fully prepared for like a 3rd round pick or something 

Let him retire if that is all we are getting. Since GB said the compensation was worked out prior to consent to the let Jets talk to him, it's got to be a lot more than a 3rd. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Old Guy said:

Let him retire if that is all we are getting. Since GB said the compensation was worked out prior to consent to the let Jets talk to him, it's got to be a lot more than a 3rd. 

My guess is their SRP plus a conditional '24 pick as well.

• Like 1

Just now, CWood21 said:

My guess is their SRP plus a conditional '24 pick as well.

I'll be disappointed if we don't get a FRP. This year or next year with no condition attached to it. 

I've seen the 'experts' and the valuation is all over the place. Which means they have no clue either. Woody Johnson opening his mouth leads me to believe we can't walk away without at least 1 - FRP. 

I just hope Brady doesn't come out of retirement before Rodgers makes his decision. If he did, I think Rodgers might just retire. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Old Guy said:

I'll be disappointed if we don't get a FRP. This year or next year with no condition attached to it. 

I've seen the 'experts' and the valuation is all over the place. Which means they have no clue either. Woody Johnson opening his mouth leads me to believe we can't walk away without at least 1 - FRP. 

I just hope Brady doesn't come out of retirement before Rodgers makes his decision. If he did, I think Rodgers might just retire. 

I really have a hard time believing that the Jets are going to be cough up the 13th pick to land Rodgers.  I think the only way that 13th pick is involved is if it's part of a pick swap.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, FAH1223 said:

NY has the potential to be a miserable experience for him.

Exactly this, he's set for life and can likely recoup that 60 million in other ways before he's 45. 

I'd retire if I were him, but I'm a cynic and love the villain story. Plus the egg on Gutes face would be amazing.

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

I really have a hard time believing that the Jets are going to be cough up the 13th pick to land Rodgers.  I think the only way that 13th pick is involved is if it's part of a pick swap.

Why aren’t the Packers getting close to what the Hawks for the Russ? Is it the age? The contract? 

Humans are highly adaptive. AR enjoys novel experiences like playing for the Jets. Like trying ayahuasca or light deprivation. He has placed 50M in an investment firm already and has scattered smaller investments and supplementary income from  commercials. 

12 minutes ago, gopackgo972 said:

Why aren’t the Packers getting close to what the Hawks for the Russ? Is it the age? The contract? 

Wilson has potentially 8 more years and was considered a top 10 quarterback. Rodgers has 2 years MAX left and maybe only 1. 

Last year, had we moved Rodgers to Denver, we'd have gotten that haul. 

42 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

Yea, I would be ecstatic with the #13 by itself. But it’ll probably be more of a middle-ground between that and the Favre trade. Maybe a #13/#15 swap, a 2nd, and a future conditional pick. Hope I’m wrong though. Total value equivalent to a low-1st (if Jets are mediocre), or a mid-1st (if the Jets are great)

also depends how much of his salary GB chooses to eat, which could at least juice the offer.

Edited by TransientTexan