Rodgers to the Jets Trade Discussion

pgwingman

2023 Rodgers  

100 members have voted

1. 1. Which team gives Rodgers the best shot in 2023?

• Packers
    • Somewhere else

My takes outside this Packers forum are common sense.  In this safe space I'm a Rodgers homer. I'm much more anti gute than a Rodgers homer. This situation shows how inept he is. 

I just have to read some of the dumbest **** imaginable in this thread. We have guys with hundreds of thousands of posts that literally create scenarios in their head about what people think about Rodgers or why he's doing things. 

The most recent example being why the entire team isn't publicly asking Rodgers to stay. Douglas gives a reasonable, obvious answer that they can talk to him and he knows how they feel about him while the group think has a circle jerk of their gut feelings on the situation.

2 minutes ago, fistfullofbeer said:

What are the salary implications if we were to cut Rodgers? While I just cannot see that happening, I am hoping someone can answer what exactly that does to Rodgers salary and status as far as FA goes?

They would eat a $99M dead cap hit.

3 minutes ago, fistfullofbeer said:

Thanks!

Not that I see us cutting him anyway but was just curious if it was even a possibility and how it would impact us.

We are paying him to play for the jets or to retire. At least we get a few draft picks if he goes to the jets. Gute is playing 5d chess while the rest of the league plays checkers. 

9 minutes ago, PackFan13 said:

My takes outside this Packers forum are common sense.  In this safe space I'm a Rodgers homer. I'm much more anti gute than a Rodgers homer. This situation shows how inept he is. 

I just have to read some of the dumbest **** imaginable in this thread. We have guys with hundreds of thousands of posts that literally create scenarios in their head about what people think about Rodgers or why he's doing things. 

The most recent example being why the entire team isn't publicly asking Rodgers to stay. Douglas gives a reasonable, obvious answer that they can talk to him and he knows how they feel about him while the group think has a circle jerk of their gut feelings on the situation.

Do you post here just to get in peoples faces? I mean....WTF?

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Leader said:

Do you post here just to get in peoples faces? I mean....WTF?

Interesting take. You call out PF13 for his post, yet the group think's key board coward routine gets a complete pass, if not endorsed, by you.

Again, interesting.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Donzo said:

Interesting take. You call out PF13 for his post, yet the group think's key board coward routine gets a complete pass, if not endorsed, by you.

Again, interesting.

I dont know who your designated key board coward is, so my endorsement isnt possible.

The pointless part about putting people on your ignore list is that their rubbish gets quoted by the affronted and annoyed anyway. Identification is not the problem. Let's work harder at implementing a unified suffocation strategy.

Anyhoo...

I admit that we seem to be past the scenario in which we retain Aaron; the hold up probably has to do with pushing that salary back and forth across the table. Accepting the risk of whether or not he plays for multiple years should be on them. Accepting responsibility for that bloated contract should probably fall on us.

10 minutes ago, PackFan13 said:

I post here because it's a forum for the Packers that I've been apart of longer than the vast majority here. Is that okay? 

You just ridiculed the amount of time people post here by alluding to their post count and then in the next breath you brag about having been here longer. Weird timing on that flex.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Outpost31 said:

You just ridiculed the amount of time people post here by alluding to their post count and then in the next breath you brag about having been here longer. Weird timing on that flex.

How was that a flex? He asked me why I post here. I've been apart of it for well over a decade. It was once an insightful place where I'd read to learn about football thanks to guys like palmy. 

Occasionally reading, following the draft and team is very different than posting a thousand times a day.