Rodgers to the Jets Trade Discussion

pgwingman

2023 Rodgers  

100 members have voted

1. 1. Which team gives Rodgers the best shot in 2023?

• Packers
    • Somewhere else

5 minutes ago, Ham Sammich said:

I'd put a couple million welfare dollars on this not being true.

I'm talking at the point the Packers were parting ways.   Favre hadn't pulled that stuff back when he was with the Packers and playing the retirement game.

1 minute ago, Old Guy said:

Maybe you both ought to hold your water until he's actually convicted of something. It wouldn't be the first time the government brought charges against an individual who was innocent, or at least not guilty by the preponderance of evidence.

I have no idea if Favre is innocent or guilty. I know I trust our government as much as I trust Mexican drinking water. Clearly, he's no choirboy, but he deserves the benefit of the doubt until proven otherwise. 

This sums you up perfectly. It's already a proven fact but let's not let facts get in the way of our feelings. 

1 minute ago, fistfullofbeer said:

But the way he is behaving is not going to repair any relationship(s).

Doesn't seem to me that Rodgers ever cared or cares about repairing a relationship.   

Revenge yes.  Chip on shoulder-yes.   Disown people - Yes.

Just now, fistfullofbeer said:

True. I can understand the drafting of Love upset him. Heck, it upset me because I thought we could have waited to draft a QB a year or two later and focus on improving our receivers, but at the end of the day that was management's call. But the way he is behaving is not going to repair any relationship(s).

This is the part that gets me about both Favre and Rodgers. Every position on the team gets guys drafted at their position. Not always first rounders but sometimes.

The front office's job is to acquire the best talent they can find. If a potential franchise quarterback falls into your lap, you take them. No ifs, ands, or buts about it. If that upsets your current quarterback, tough ****. Man, up and do your job and it won't be taken from you. 

Become a problem because of it, they send you down the road. TO RODGERS CREDIT, by all accounts he treated Jordan Love with respect from the word go. I am fairly certain the same cannot be said for Favre. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, PackFan13 said:

This sums you up perfectly. It's already a proven fact but let's not let facts get in the way of our feelings. 

Other than football and the law, please list the other subjects you know nothing about.

Has Favre been convicted? That is a yes or no question. 

Edited by Old Guy

3 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

I'm a geriatric mouth breather.

You pray for football results too? I figured as much. Great mods have led to this place being really awesome as of late, bravo. The group suppression some have mentioned to being the goal has led to a lot of great discussions.

Edited by PackFan13

1 minute ago, Old Guy said:

This is the part that gets me about both Favre and Rodgers. Every position on the team gets guys drafted at their position. Not always first rounders but sometimes.

Awful comp.

The Rodgers' pick was a great value pick by a GM that took advantage of extreme value dropping to him.

The Love pick was a disaster by a desperate GM reaching and squandering a 1st & 4th round pick for a team that needed players at other positions to build off a final four run.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Donzo said:

Awful comp.

The Rodgers' pick was a great value pick by a GM that took advantage of extreme value dropping to him.

The Love pick was a disaster by a desperate GM reaching and squandering a 1st & 4th round pick for a team that needed players at other positions to build off a final four run.

Calling the Love pick a disaster even before he starts a season for us a starter seems premature.

• Like 1