Rodgers to the Jets Trade Discussion

pgwingman

2023 Rodgers  

100 members have voted

1. 1. Which team gives Rodgers the best shot in 2023?

• Packers
    • Somewhere else

4 minutes ago, Chili said:

I know some of you are hoping for Ejiah Moore in the Rodgers trade.

I've just found out that he's very small for a WR. I'm not sure he's even a good fit in LaFleur's offence with our WR being asked to run block.

However he will certainly add something different to our offence with his speed, route running and shiftiness.

I would rather get a draft pick and try and pick up JuJu instead. He's a bigger slot guy or No.2 WR who is NFL proven volume catcher. I think he would be a much much better fit in LaFleur's offence.

Completely get where you are coming from, just think he'd be a good weapon for Love.  He doesn't meet their typical WR threshold.

My biggest pet peeve with Aaron Rodgers is his refusal to throw to TEs.

Its telling that the best year for a TE under a Rodgers offence was way back when Finley was here and that offence had Driver, Jenning, Cobb, Nelson and Jones to throw to.

Since then we aquired Cook. Bennett (SPIT) and Graham and they barely got targets. Tonyan came along and despite a 11 TD season Rodgers barely threw to him after that.

I would like to see a Packers TE get more than 65 catches in a season for once. I'm hoping Love will be much more comfortable throwing over the middle.

2 minutes ago, {Family Ghost} said:

#12 is making a mockery of that organization.  I think it's a disaster waiting to happen.  

At least Brady had the conviction to go to TB first THEN trust them to go get Gronk.

if Rodgers ain’t moving until the ink is dry on all these other deals… kind of speaks to how deep his trust issues are haha.

I can see why WRs have a hard time gaining trust.

3 minutes ago, {Family Ghost} said:

#12 is making a mockery of that organization.  I think it's a disaster waiting to happen.  

Not just for you FG but for a few. I don't get this where AR must make decisions super quick or at the behest of the fanbase. 

Many other players have done stuff like this.  Some make demands some push for trades some push for their own locker rooms and or whatever. Heck Russell Wilson has his own office in the building

Why is this a Mockery?

If I was that good at my job and in demand  why would I not push the envelope for what I wanted..........I'd be dumb not too.  Not sure why this is a mockery but none the less it is. Players should not be slaves to owners. 

I did push to get a cushy chair and got that at least:)

14 minutes ago, Chili said:

My biggest pet peeve with Aaron Rodgers is his refusal to throw to TEs.

Its telling that the best year for a TE under a Rodgers offence was way back when Finley was here and that offence had Driver, Jenning, Cobb, Nelson and Jones to throw to.

Since then we aquired Cook. Bennett (SPIT) and Graham and they barely got targets. Tonyan came along and despite a 11 TD season Rodgers barely threw to him after that.

I would like to see a Packers TE get more than 65 catches in a season for once. I'm hoping Love will be much more comfortable throwing over the middle.

Judging by the small amount of work Love got last year it seemed that he was quite adept at going over the middle.  I hope that soon becomes the norm in GB.  Rodgers didn't have a 300 yard game in his last 22 in GB .. maybe bypassing the middle of the field is a big reason why?

4 minutes ago, PACKRULE said:

Not just for you FG but for a few. I don't get this where AR must make decisions super quick or at the behest of the fanbase. 

Many other players have done stuff like this.  Some make demands some push for trades some push for their own locker rooms and or whatever. Heck Russell Wilson has his own office in the building

Why is this a Mockery?

If I was that good at my job and in demand  why would I not push the envelope for what I wanted..........I'd be dumb not too.  Not sure why this is a mockery but none the less it is. Players should not be slaves to owners. 

I did push to get a cushy chair and got that at least:)

You don't think it's a bit odd to give a player wish list to a team that you haven't even committed to playing for?

Just now, {Family Ghost} said:

You don't think it's a bit odd to give a player wish list to a team that you haven't even committed to playing for?

For an average player sure. For an old vet that knows the game, not really. I mean he's not an idiot the Jets are not great, they have some nice pieces but need some holes filled. I would if i was AR be pushing heavily for Oline help though. Cobb or Lewis as a FA for a year they are cheap all good. Helps him aclimate better and feel more at home with a few friends. 

I"m not saying I agree, I"m not licking his boots some may think that. Just looking at it objectively, The great ones get leeway and have leverage. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, {Family Ghost} said:

I feel like this looks worse because he is getting traded (if that happens) and not doing this as a Free Agent. Given that this is Rodgers, I am not even surprised.

Heck, I would be more surprised if he did NOT do something like this.