Rodgers to the Jets Trade Discussion

pgwingman

2023 Rodgers  

100 members have voted

1. 1. Which team gives Rodgers the best shot in 2023?

• Packers
    • Somewhere else

4 minutes ago, ThatJerkDave said:

So the Packers' "worst case scenario" is keeping Aaron Rodgers.  Or at least it should be.  Stick to your guns and get what you want, or don't trade.  

Also, I want to make a special comment about not wanting any of the throw-in players from the Jets.  You have to give me more compensation to take Denzel Mims, GTFO with adding him to increase value to me.  

I'm fine with that outcome as well.  At least for now the Packers can hold this up until the draft if need be.  Once we get past that date we are stuck dealing with 2024 picks and beyond.  The option bonus doesn't need to be touched until September.  That leaves plenty of time for other teams to get into the action.  You know there will be a key QB injury at some point.  A lot can transpire between now and September.  Hopefully the Jets get serious and make the Packers a stronger offer.

Edited by {Family Ghost}

1 minute ago, Packerraymond said:

He'll sign an extension. Corey Davis would be the best WR on the market right now. It's bleak as hell out there. Maybe JJSS, but he's not the top vet you want in that room.

Sign him to 2/20 and his cap hit should come in between 4-5.

Bring Randall Cobb is as the WR coach and save the money. Piss off Rodgers as well! LOL 

If they want to throw in a WR, I'm good with Mims, who hasn't proven squat, or Moore. 

2 minutes ago, packfanfb said:

I would agree with this normally but the Packers have shown interest in acquiring Davis before, per multiple reports. I think they like the player, maybe more than the fanbase. 

Again, I don't think the player is the issue for him.  It's the contract.  The Packers simply can't afford him at $10M.

2 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

He'll sign an extension. Corey Davis would be the best WR on the market right now. It's bleak as hell out there. Maybe JJSS, but he's not the top vet you want in that room.

My point exactly.  That's why I think there's no real reason for him to agree to a paycut.  Hell, I'd argue that 2/$20M is still short of what he should ask for given the WR FA market, and the Packers probably don't want to commit big money to a 28 year old WR.

The problem with Jackson is the risk involved in his style of play.  He's missed time the past 2 season because of injury.  There might not be a more fun player to watch in the NFL, but that style of play doesn't bode well for longevity.  

9 minutes ago, Mazrimiv said:

Yeah, Rodgers would definitely agree to go to a team with a run heavy scheme.

Rodgers would be THE MAN here in baltimore. This city has waited since 1996 for real qb play. Also has the ability and knowledge to single handedly transition them from the run scheme. 

Edited by HokieHigh

1 minute ago, {Family Ghost} said:

I'm fine with that outcome as well.  At least for now the Packers can hold this up until the draft if need be.  Once we get past that date we are stuck dealing with 2024 picks and beyond.  The option bonus doesn't need to be touched until September.  That leaves plenty of time for other teams to get into the action.  You know there will be a key QB injury at some point.  A lot can transpire between now and September.  Hopefully the Jets get serious and make the Packers a stronger offer.

That is true, but it's also extremely risky. The Packers need to separate themselves from that massive cap hit if they want to move to Love. Delaying until after the draft would limit the pool of suitors and time would be working against the Packers, imo.

This might be an unpopular opinion, but trade compensation is the least of my concerns right now. If I'm Gute, my focus is on getting off that massive contract while maintaining the dignity of legend. No need to drag things out for another pick, just get what you can get.

• Like 1

Just now, NFLGURU said:

The problem with Jackson is the risk involved in his style of play.  He's missed time the past 2 season because of injury.  There might not be a more fun player to watch in the NFL, but that style of play doesn't bode well for longevity.  

Jets staff will be out of jobs by 2025 if they dont start winning playoff games. Im not sure longevity is in their calculation - certainly not with rodgers. 

The more interesting thought is why release this information now? Also it’s not like GB all of a sudden is asking for a Stafford package. And this deal keeps being said to of been done… that was with the Stafford ask.

Like who benefits from leaking this to Adam?

Feels like maybe GB is getting more than people expected but the jets to save face release that the Packers wanted the Stafford deal.

So when they don’t get 2 first everyone can laugh and say look how great the jets are.

Edited by Green19

9 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

I'm on board with this .. he's a quality wideout and would be a useful piece in GB.

11 hours ago, Scoremore said:

There has been nothing but endless speculation since this all started.  What's true and what's not?  It's probably all BS.  Got to say I'm impressed no leaks. 

I thought #13 and  a conditional 2 if Rodgers comes back for another year was pretty fair.  

#43 is a nice pick.  Get that and next year's 2 unconditional and a decent player.  

Anything less then those two outcomes will leave me disappointed.  

Rodgers won't be just a one year rental.  He could play 2 or 3 more seasons yet.  Contract aside that's

not much draft capital to give up for him.  

Was out with one of my buddies today.  He was on a Polaris.  Thought you would like that Vegas.  PULLURASS.  Got a bug up his butt and tried to skip some open water on the river.  Didn't make it and went swimming.  We got his sled out.  He's OK got the sled running.  Nice way to end the season.  Pulled him out with 2 ski doos. 

Been a long time since I've been on a snowmobile, but.....back when I was, it was always the Polaris that would break down.  Back then the Arctic Cat were the really fast sleds...and also broke down.

Ski-Doo were reliable.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Cheesehead430 said:

#13, a conditional 2024 if he plays, and a player is more than fair IMO. 

I think that's about right.  Definitely want #13, and figuring we will get at least one player back from them in the deal.  As for the conditional pick in 2024 I'd like to come out of it with at least a 2nd or 3rd.

5 minutes ago, HokieHigh said:

Rodgers would be THE MAN here in baltimore. This city has waited since 1996 for real qb play. Also has the ability and knowledge to single handedly transition them from the run scheme. 

Who was there in 1996? I think you have to go back to Bert Jones. If you don't think he's great, it's Johnny U. 

2 minutes ago, Green19 said:

The more interesting thought is why release this information now? Also it’s not like GB all of a sudden is asking for a Stafford package. And this deal keeps being said to of been done… that was with the Stafford ask.

Like who benefits from leaking this to Adam?

Feels like maybe GB is getting more than people expected but the jets to save face release that the Packers wanted the Stafford deal.

So when they don’t get 2 first everyone can laugh and say look how great the jets are.

I think it's far more likely that Schefter is reporting this based on outdated news.