Falcons starting rookie QB Desmond Ridder

RaidersAreOne

34 minutes ago, tyler735 said:

Lol you wrote that as a terrible attempt at an insult while your Ridder led team is currently losing to a David Blough led Cardinals team. Seems you’re the dense one 😂

So the play style is the same? That’s what you duck. Winning an NFL game with 7 completions, change should’ve been made then. You bringing up #’s is comical, “Mariota is better”. You’re comping a 7 year vet who is what he’s been vs a rookie after 2 games, smart guy. He may be marginally better, doubt he’s significantly worse. Team needs to find out. FWIW since you guys love retreads your boy Mariota will be a free agent. Word of the day “Dense” 😂

17 minutes ago, DM316 said:

So the play style is the same? That’s what you duck. Winning an NFL game with 7 completions, change should’ve been made then. You bringing up #’s is comical, “Mariota is better”. You’re comping a 7 year vet who is what he’s been vs a rookie after 2 games, smart guy. He may be marginally better, doubt he’s significantly worse. Team needs to find out. FWIW since you guys love retreads your boy Mariota will be a free agent. Word of the day “Dense” 😂

Sick attempt at a “burn”. Enjoy finishing below us in the division yet again this year. No player comparison is perfect, but the play style is similar enough between Mariota and Ridder to compare them. Both seem to be on a similar trajectory as well 😂

2 minutes ago, tyler735 said:

Sick attempt at a “burn”. Enjoy finishing below us in the division yet again this year. No player comparison is perfect, but the play style is similar enough between Mariota and Ridder to compare them. Both seem to be on a similar trajectory as well 😂

Enjoy that 1st rounder and cap space, oh wait …. If your win is bragging about being above anyone in that division, this year. Dense.

1 minute ago, DM316 said:

Enjoy that 1st rounder and cap space, oh wait …. If your win is bragging about being above anyone in that division, this year. Dense.

Not too worried about that. Thankfully we will still have the Falcons in the division to be the laughing stock of the division. Enjoy your trash QB though. Dense.

21 minutes ago, tyler735 said:

Not too worried about that. Thankfully we will still have the Falcons in the division to be the laughing stock of the division. Enjoy your trash QB though. Dense.

He led a game winning drive today and a 4th quarter comeback. I'm ok with Ridder moving forward. I think he'll be better if he had better options than Mycole Pruitt, Olamide Zaccheaus and Damiere Byrd to throw to. Then again, you're just a Saints homer, so we know how you feel. 

29 minutes ago, scar988 said:

He led a game winning drive today and a 4th quarter comeback. I'm ok with Ridder moving forward. I think he'll be better if he had better options than Mycole Pruitt, Olamide Zaccheaus and Damiere Byrd to throw to. Then again, you're just a Saints homer, so we know how you feel. 

We also know that you are a massive Falcons homer, and your thoughts on Ridder may need to be taken with a grain of salt. 

For example, we know that Ridder has 3 starts this season. In those 3 starts, he’s accounted for 0 passing touchdowns and 0 rushing touchdowns. He has averaged 179 yards of offense (passing/rushing) in his 3 starts. The Falcons have averaged 15 points of offense in his 3 starts. Regardless of me being a Saints fan and thinking the Falcons suck. These stats I posted above take my feelings out of the equation, Ridder has from a statistical standpoint been very poor so far.

The Falcons did have a 4th quarter comeback today against a team that is either the worst or 2nd worst in the NFC (I’d venture to say worst with their current injury situation without Kyler Murray/Deandre Hopkins). Seems a bit disingenuous to say Ridder “led” that comeback, when Patterson/Allgeier did the majority of the heavy lifting throughout the game and on those final 2 drives that led to field goals for the Falcons.

I get that he’s a rookie and there’s room for growth, but he has a very long road ahead to be any sort of viable starter at QB. I didn’t see it with him as a draft prospect (before the Falcons drafted him), and his first 3 starts have done nothing to sway my stance on him.