2023 STEELERS NFL DRAFT PROSPECTS

armsteeld

8 minutes ago, 3rivers said:

where did you find this out? Which prospects get props from him so far?

I read about it from coverage at the Senior Bowl. Some time spent with OT D.Jones,
OG C.Mauch, OG C.Torrence and DT K.Benton said (as someone pointed out on here) that
Tomlin told him he was 'on their radar'.

Who knows if it means anything.

1 hour ago, mwalker said:

Who knows if it means anything.

they can only draft so many players, and then consider players falling to them and possibly derailing plans . OT Jones will be on most teams radar,  where will he get drafted is the question RD2 , RD3 or RD4,  no later than that.  Does Tomlin draft him or other OT and let Chuks go in a few years?  Who knows what they have in mind, lots of ways to help the team this year by going OL, DT. maybe CB if Sutton goes

5 hours ago, Chieferific said:

It's funny how players like White and Clark all of a sudden start showing up on everyone's list.  I guess we all just read everyone else's stuff and regurgitate it. 

The issue with this years senior bowl is the lack oh high end talent. 

Typically these all star games like this are an opportunity for mid round picks to get national exposure. I’d bet those guys still go on the 3rd at the earliest. 

The best example to think of is PSU DT PJ Mustipher. Is having a great week, likely pushed himself from late-6/early-7 to mid-5 in fans/draftnik eyes. But likely he’s always mid-5 to scouts and teams. 

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, warfelg said:

The issue with this years senior bowl is the lack oh high end talent. 

And that they are not facing men.  D. Jones is a good example.  He is flattening players in practice when the drill is for them to rush AT him.  Lets see a drill when he HAS to move.  Finding someone to block on the next level.  Kicking out to get a speed rushers who is playing 9 tech.  I would rather see that in the 4th quarter  of games than these drills.

• Like 6

26 minutes ago, jebrick said:

And that they are not facing men.  D. Jones is a good example.  He is flattening players in practice when the drill is for them to rush AT him.  Lets see a drill when he HAS to move.  Finding someone to block on the next level.  Kicking out to get a speed rushers who is playing 9 tech.  I would rather see that in the 4th quarter  of games than these drills.

Yea these drills are nice, and more so what scouts use it for is something like this:

DJones flattens guys there and is very agile at the combine, then why does his tape look slow and he stalemates people. 

6 hours ago, Chieferific said:

Seeing Max Melton CB Rutgers pop up a lot now.  Some saying he's a 1st rdr. I've never heard of him.  

Also, Juluis Brents CB Kansas St. as a mid-rdr. 

As normal for this time of year, there are 40-45 1st round players :-)

2 hours ago, Dcash4 said:

I kinda love this idea but how about we just call up James Harrison?

just don't expect these kids to be able to lift the weight room  like the old timer. Good idea though, see if they do that.  He left on bad terms, so why bother  though.  Others might be out there, former players that had a good arsenal of passrush moves. 

some here have expressed how they don't want to draft JPJ.  With colbert , I would expect this or Addison to be the pick, but with the new regime, not sure.

Out of the highly ranked players that might be there at #17, which are the ones that you don't want even if they are there at 32?