2023 STEELERS NFL DRAFT PROSPECTS

armsteeld

4 hours ago, 3rivers said:

it's all going to help us. I like Robinson but it would be nice is for a while he was ILB3, while a true top tier pro vet can be a mentor for the ILB's. 

If they sign Sutton, Larry and Edmunds,  will there be any cap left for a good vet UFA?

I think so. They could probably make it work with restructures and low year ones cap hits. 

9 minutes ago, MOSteelers56 said:

I think so. They could probably make it work with restructures and low year ones cap hits. 

Moats had Garvin as a guest, he says Wagner wouldn't suite our scheme that well, something I didn't know.  Which vet UGFA ILB's would suite our scheme the best? Maybe they keep Jack and see how that goes. 

Surprised by early in the combine:

How fast some of the big boys were, across the board (Kancey, Adebawore - total freak)
That Tuipulotu weighed in at 266 when he's been listed at 290.
How fast OLB B.Young from Tenn Is at 6'2 250 (4.43) and OLB Y.Diaby from Louisville was at 6'3 263 (4.5)
I think N.Smith's numbers were freaky at 6'2 238, but man B.Young wasn't far behind at his size.
J.Campbell and B.Bresee both tested way better athletically than was expected. Both made money today.
W.McDonald, after having a 104 fever still jumped 11.0 and 36 vert. And has 35" arms.
What a freak G.Dexter is.

Edited by mwalker
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, mwalker said:

That Tuipulotu weighed in at 266 when he's been listed at 290.

This is a disappointing development because from a scouting perspective they are far enough away to question if he isn't as explosive as he tested or is he less flexible across the front than thought.

J.Campbell and B.Bresee both tested way better athletically than was expected. Both made money today.

They both did, which like Tuli means a re-dive into their tape, but the question is different here - now it's were they misused to some degree or are they just not smart players (aka they think too much when playing).  

I think N.Smith's numbers were freaky at 6'2 238, but man B.Young wasn't far behind at his size.

He's an off ball backer in a 4-3 who will blitz on pass downs.  Think somewhat the mold for him will be Hassan Reddick where he's off the ball on run downs and can sit back and sift through the crap, and on passing downs he can drop down closer and pin his years back.  Means he's not a fit here.

6 minutes ago, Chieferific said:

Tuli's weight was disappointing. Maybe he cut weight to perform better in drills knowing he can pack it back on? He's not a standup player and 260lb seems light for a 4-3 DE. I don't know what he's doing. 

260 is fine if you are going to be an EDGE player doing 7/9 tech and have bend.  Tuli has never shown bend but EDGe players get paid more than 5 techs.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, jebrick said:

260 is fine if you are going to be an EDGE player doing 7/9 tech and have bend.  Tuli has never shown bend but EDGe players get paid more than 5 techs.

I get the idea BUT 260 and no bend is a bad recipe. He's getting terrible advice imo. And yes, Edge players get paid more if they're successful. I don't see that happening here. He is THE prototype of a 5 tech at 290. Maybe he'll beef up a little before his Pro Day I'm a couple of weeks. 

1 minute ago, Chieferific said:

I get the idea BUT 260 and no bend is a bad recipe. He's getting terrible advice imo. And yes, Edge players get paid more if they're successful. I don't see that happening here. He is THE prototype of a 5 tech at 290. Maybe he'll beef up a little before his Pro Day I'm a couple of weeks. 

It’s the stupid cycle the combine promotes. I don’t think they should kill it, but it needs to evolve. Interviews, medicals, one on one workouts is all that’s needed anymore. 

I am not a fan of Tillman but i think it is funny they they are reporting that they have NOT met with the Steelers.

They already have a better Parker Washington on the roster named Austin but it fits their mold of looking that the shifty WRs.

now Rashee Rice is one I like.

Edited by jebrick
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, jebrick said:

I am not a fan of Tillman but i think it is funny they they are reporting that they have NOT met with the Steelers.

Not being there and not knowing the question asked it leaves the possibility they still could meet with him. 

1 minute ago, warfelg said:

Not being there and not knowing the question asked it leaves the possibility they still could meet with him. 

They do say "yet" in the tweet so we can assume that it might be scheduled.

Steelers should meet with all 250 players at the combine :-)