Least talented Super Bowl teams

NeptunePenguins

On 7/30/2023 at 8:01 PM, Steelersfan43 said:

The offensive line was good for the steelers in 2005.It was in 2008 that it was horrible.I think overall our 2005 team was better.More balanced

The 2008 team had the WOAT line for a SB winner

1 hour ago, CP3MVP said:

The 2008 team had the WOAT line for a SB winner

I agree.It would been the 2021 Bengals if they would beat the rams too

The 2010 team,the offensive line were better when they were healthy but that was not the case at the end of the season and in the playoffs...Not only because of the Pouncey injury but also the injury of Max Starks in mid season and his replacement was so bad(Jonathan Scott)

Edited by Steelersfan43

On 12/31/2022 at 5:03 PM, CP3MVP said:

The 98 falcons are one of strangest one year wonder teams 

4th best offense in points, 7th best offense in yards.

4th best defense in points, 8th best defense in yards. 

+20 Turnover rate on the year.

Efficient passing attack at 7.1 YPA.

May not have been the most talented team at QB or even WR, but at OL, RB, and on defense, it was fantastic. Tuggle, Cornelius Bennett, Keith Brooking at LB. Chuck Smith, Archambeau, Dronett and Hall on the DL. Ray Buchanan, Eugene Robinson and Ronnie Bradford in the secondary. It was a talented defense.

On 12/31/2022 at 8:12 PM, Malik said:

Totally forgot about that team. They had a god tier offensive line and nothing else noteworthy.

On 12/31/2022 at 4:32 PM, Trojan said:

1998 Falcons? Or you doing just winners? 2005 Seahawks might be similar with a fantastic year by the RB, but Seattle had Steve Hutchinson and Walter Jones. Falcons is just such a random team, the 1998 49ers (who ATL beat) and 1998 Vikings (who ATL beat) both would have been more talented teams for an NFC representative in the SB.

Those Falcons beat the 49ers and Vikings with defense and their running game. It's how the league worked back then. Jamal Anderson went out of his mind in 1998 and looked to do the same in 1999 before his ACL popped and so did the dreams of a repeat playoff appearance.

I feel like the 95 Cowboys team gets underrated out of those 3 because Jimmy Johnson was gone. To me out of those 3 teams the 95 team played the toughest schedule out of those 3 teams(and one of the tougher schedules of any 90's Super Bowl champs), they had Larry Allen and Deion, if Norv Turner didn't know that team so well they would have been 14-2(they got swept by Norv's Skins with Heath Shuler and Gus Frerrotte). Also feel like they beat the tougher Super Bowl opponent in that Steelers team that really wanted it, as opposed to a hobbled Wild Card Bills team in 92 or the mentally shot Bills squad that accepted defeat of second half in 93 SB. Imagine if Norv took the Cowboys job instead of going to Washington how good they would have been that year. 

Edited by ShinobiMusashi

22 hours ago, jsthomp2007 said:

I am not a Cowboys fan because those 90s teams were boring to watch because they steamrolled teams.  They were as talented as any team I have seen, except the 89/90 49ers team; that was probably the best team I ever saw.

Same, being a Houston guy when we lost our team made me especially jealous of the Cowboys, didn't like them, rooted for Washington any time they played. I seem to remember a period where they were just beating everybody with field goals, 96-97? Zzzzz.

In fact I didn't like them so much that Washington became my team after the Oilers left, luckily we got another team before Snyder went full retard(right at the peak of it actually).

Edited by ShinobiMusashi

• 4 months later...
16 hours ago, Football_Bachelor08 said:

Probably the 1990 Giants, at least on the offensive side; their best player was an aging Ottis Anderson. They certainly didn't have the offensive stars the Bills had.

Even when dominating time of possession, the Super Bowl still came down to a missed field goal at the very end.

That was going to be my pick. Even defensively, the only HOFer on that side was LT and on the downside of his career.