Week 16: Giants (8-5-1) at Vikings (11-3)

swede700

2 hours ago, wcblack34 said:

Depends on how they play the run. Slow down Saquon, and I think we can force Jones into mistakes. Let Barkley run wild, and they'll need more late game magic. 

Stopping Saquon is definitely the key to stopping our offense, but 2022 Daniel Jones is not like past Daniel Jones. We have enough of a sample now- he's only thrown 4 interceptions (least of all QBs with 400+ attempts) and has 5 fumbles (tied for 15th among QBs), losing 3 of them (tied for 11th). He's been taking care of the ball this year. 

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, minutemancl said:

2022 Daniel Jones is not like past Daniel Jones. We have enough of a sample now- he's only thrown 4 interceptions (least of all QBs with 400+ attempts) and has 5 fumbles (tied for 15th among QBs), losing 3 of them (tied for 11th). He's been taking care of the ball this year. 

it's fine if he holds on to it on the way to the ground for the seven sacks we administer.

• Like 3

21 hours ago, minutemancl said:

Stopping Saquon is definitely the key to stopping our offense, but 2022 Daniel Jones is not like past Daniel Jones. We have enough of a sample now- he's only thrown 4 interceptions (least of all QBs with 400+ attempts) and has 5 fumbles (tied for 15th among QBs), losing 3 of them (tied for 11th). He's been taking care of the ball this year. 

Kudos to your coaching staff for helping him out. I love Daboll. He's changed things in a hurry in New York!

• Like 1

MINN:

• Center Garrett Bradbury (back) did not participate.
  • Linebackers Brian Asamoah II (limited) and Eric Kendricks (hip) were limited.
  • Pat Jones II (illness) fully participated.

NYG:

• Cornerback Adoree' Jackson (knee) and offensive lineman Shane Lemieux (toe) did not participate.
  • Offensive lineman Evan Neal (shoulder), outside linebacker Kayvon Thibodeaux (elbow), tight end Nick Vannett (shoulder) and defensive lineman Leonard Williams (neck) were limited.

https://www.vikings.com/news/injury-report-vs-giants-week-16?fbclid=IwAR0YafsiUYMWrzpmt64nRPDRGHJViQcTKCG2Jr2DL8T75F2ZAuDsGmZofUc

Edited by vike daddy

I guess we're entering uncharted waters this week.  Two Saturday games back-to-back.  We're playing after setting an all-time record.  Was the team so spent emotionally that they won't respond this week?  

Seems like forever ago we pounded the Packers into oblivion and were floating on cloud 9 only to travel to Philly and get thoroughly trounced.  In between those sessions and now though, has this team given us any reason to think something abnormal will happen?  I mean yeah, we laid an egg against Dallas, after beat Washington and BUFFALO on the road.  We beat a 7-4 Jets fairly well -- but darned if they didn't come back to make it interesting.  With this team, what is normal . . . what's abnormal?

We're playing a large-market team so as much as the Vikings would/should keep this one under wraps, crazy things will happen.  Will the pinstripes cost us a victory because Jalen Hurts is likely not playing in Philly and the NFL and Vegas want them to be the #1 seed?  Will the Vikings D absolutely stimy the Giants and allow our Offense to win handily by 3 comfortable scores?

It boils down to a couple simple things . . . do our OTs control that rookie DE, with the Guards laying the wood to the mountains of Lawrence and Williams who are coached by the venerable Andre' Patterson?  Does our front 7 stop their run game?

There's bound to be plenty of excitement and as long as I don't have a heart attack -- the world should be fine.  I do expect the Vikings to win, but this Giants team is another battle tested group that's well-coached and hopefully a little tired on a short week travelling back-to-back weekends.

• Like 4

8 hours ago, ArcticNorseman said:

There's bound to be plenty of excitement and as long as I don't have a heart attack -- the world should be fine.  I do expect the Vikings to win, but this Giants team is another battle tested group that's well-coached and hopefully a little tired on a short week travelling back-to-back weekends.

I am guessing that every team is fatigued this time of year.  The Giants won against a divisional foe Sunday night on the road.  Plus travel, they are likely to be just as physically and emotionally spent as the Vikings.

I believe that it won't be a high scoring affair and likely will come down to which team runs the ball better.  

• Like 1

You guys should blow the Giants out, I all ready have this down as a lost. We have two very key people in our secondary not going to play. Adoree and Xavier our #2 CB Aaron Robinson is most likely not coming back this season. Your wideouts will be going against mostly backup and practice squad players. Giants will probably bracket Jefferson to limit his damage, your #2 #3 and Tight End should be able to post big numbers. There were also a lot of wideout running free, Taylor Heinicke couldn't make the throws to get to them, Kirk Cousins can make those throws.

Giants also suck against the run in particular against counters plays and anything ran to the outside.  As long as you stick to running it down our throats or throwing bombs against an injury plague secondary your going to do fine. 

• Like 1