The Injury Report: 12/07 Ingram and Lattimore to play vs Atlanta

Dome

In my opinion, this is going to come down to what each team can do in the red zone. I think we go drive for drive, and possibly score for score, but the score for score part needs to be us for 6-7, holding them to 3 or fewer, and eliminate the big play from the Rams young guys.

Our red zone offense is quite a bit better than the Rams in Touchdown scoring.

Saints - Rank 7th at 61.11%, 66.67% in the last 3 games, and 54.55% on the road
Rams - Rank 22 at 50.00%, 53.85% in the last 3 games, but only 41.18% at home

In addition, the Saints rank 10th in Red zone D, whereas the Rams rank 15th.

5 hours ago, Mid Iowa said:

In my opinion, this is going to come down to what each team can do in the red zone. I think we go drive for drive, and possibly score for score, but the score for score part needs to be us for 6-7, holding them to 3 or fewer, and eliminate the big play from the Rams young guys.

Rams are explosive, and we have tendency to give up big plays, especially if Lattimore and Crawley are out.  Rams won't need to score in the red zone, because they'll score on the other side of the field.  If we let this happen, we lose.  

6 hours ago, sammymvpknight said:

Is your defense dependent on the greatness of one player? Take that player away...hurts your chances quit a bit huh?

i still think we can beat the Rams. Drew Brees and the offense has managed to beat good teams in the past with less of a defense. Lattimore and Crawley bring out hurts the margin of error though. 

No. But our defense is dependent on not missing two of our top three CBs. It looks like both could be out this week.

5 hours ago, Mid Iowa said:

https://www.teamrankings.com/nfl/stat/red-zone-scores-per-game

Those percentages don't mean much when the Rams get into the red zone as often as they do. NO and the Rams have an equal number of red zone TDs per game.

1 hour ago, jrry32 said:

https://www.teamrankings.com/nfl/stat/red-zone-scores-per-game

Those percentages don't mean much when the Rams get into the red zone as often as they do. NO and the Rams have an equal number of red zone TDs per game.

I'm not sure I follow. A stat is a stat. Speculation is speculation.

I look at week 1 of the Saints against the Vikings and say there were at least 5 missed opportunities in the red zone. I'll stick with my post.

Just now, Mid Iowa said:

I'm not sure I follow. A stat is a stat. Speculation is speculation.

I look at week 1 of the Saints against the Vikings and say there were at least 5 missed opportunities in the red zone. I'll stick with my post.

Did you click the link? The Rams score as many red zone TDs per game as the Saints. The Rams converting a lower percentage of red zone opportunities into TDs isn't important if the Rams get there more often. We're equally good at scoring red zone TDs.

47 minutes ago, sammymvpknight said:

Must find a way to get the running game going and limit Gurley. Easier said than done...but Brees has led this team to wins against great odds. 

This. 

The Rams are a great team, but worse Saints teams have beaten great teams before, even before this defensive turnaround.

Should be a good one, I hope so anyways.

4 hours ago, jrry32 said:

Did you click the link? The Rams score as many red zone TDs per game as the Saints. The Rams converting a lower percentage of red zone opportunities into TDs isn't important if the Rams get there more often. We're equally good at scoring red zone TDs.

If you get there a lot.  If you don't, it will matter.  

Regardless, it doesn't matter, because you will get there a lot.  Maybe more than ever, because you will go up against the dynamic duo of PJ Williams and Devante Harris.  Unless one of the new guys we just hired is ready to start.  And even then, we're nowhere in the same realm as Lattimore.

29 minutes ago, Jlowe22 said:

If you get there a lot.  If you don't, it will matter.  

Regardless, it doesn't matter, because you will get there a lot.  Maybe more than ever, because you will go up against the dynamic duo of PJ Williams and Devante Harris.  Unless one of the new guys we just hired is ready to start.  And even then, we're nowhere in the same realm as Lattimore.

You guys will likely get there a lot too. I'm expecting a 38-34 type of game.

3 hours ago, jrry32 said:

You guys will likely get there a lot too. I'm expecting a 38-34 type of game.

Lattimore and Crawley out hurts but im not gonna start making excuses... Rams lost Woods and others too.

Payton will need to get creative in the run game and slow the game down in order to help out our secondary. Our offensive line will have to have their best game. Rams defense is good but you can run on them, we will need to in order to control the time of possession which is what we will need to do to win.

Archived