Top-10 QBs Going into 2023

WizeGuy

40 minutes ago, Soggust said:

We can't consider any history prior to 2022 going into 2023? Geno is a top QB going into 2023?

Forget TL's rookie year. Take this year alone. Compare it to Cousin's last 3 years, for example. KC has him beat in Comp %, TD% YPG, ANY/A, Rating etc. 

So why am I ignoring Cousin's history again? Because Urban was a bad coach? edit - this sounds snarky in hindsight i dont really mean it like that. sorry im a dbag

Cousins has 3 weapons better than anybody on the Jags and just got a top TE. Lawrence is throwing it to Christian Kirk, Zay Jones, and Travis Etienne.

48 minutes ago, Soggust said:

As was Baker Mayfield in 2020.

He finished the second half of the season as one of the best QBs in football, with a 16-2 TD / INT (TL 14/2 over this stretch), former #1 pick who was turning around his franchise. They were getting him another year in Stefanski's system and were adding more and more talent.

In fact, I recall a certain thread about him cementing himself in the top 10 after that season too. 

It's not crazy to reserve judgment?

He had 12 total TD’s and 1 INT in the second half of 2020 (8 games). Why are you including his 5 TD game against the Bengals in week 7 lol 

2 minutes ago, KhanYouDigIt said:

He had 12 total TD’s and 1 INT in the second half of 2020 (8 games). Why are you including his 5 TD game against the Bengals in week 7 lol 

Trevor at 14/1 in his last 5 games and still has 3 games to go.

Comparing his hot streak to Baker is interesting to say the least.

1 hour ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

#1 offense in the NFL since he's come back from injury without an elite supporting cast.

That's crazy. I have never watched Dak and thought, "this dude is special". From what I've seen he's closer to Goff than he is to the leagues elite.

I mean the man has thrown 7 picks in the last 5 games.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/player/gamelog/_/id/2577417/dak-prescott

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, KhanYouDigIt said:

Sorry, I remember the "16-2" being quoted at me, so I just assumed it was the second half. I'm 100% wrong on that stat sorry, I didn't even search it. 

But does it really change anything lol? The forest from the trees is that they both were absolutely phenomenal, but it's just hard to maintain, historically.

12 minutes ago, HerbertGOAT said:

Cousins has 3 weapons better than anybody on the Jags and just got a top TE. Lawrence is throwing it to Christian Kirk, Zay Jones, and Travis Etienne.

This is a fair point, but Cousins also put up like 5k yards in Washington with trash too, right?

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, SmittyBacall said:

That's crazy. I have never watched Dak and thought, "this dude is special". From what I've seen he's closer to Goff than he is to the leagues elite.

I mean the man has thrown 7 picks in the last 5 games.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/player/gamelog/_/id/2577417/dak-prescott

Don’t say you’ve “watched Dak” and then bring up the interception talk. Literally more than half of those weren’t “turnover worthy” plays. The one that lost the game for the Cowboys last Sunday came on a perfectly thrown ball that went right off his receiver’s hands for the game ending pick six. Not sure you’ve actually watched much of Dak’s game. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, KhanYouDigIt said:

I just showed you 4 out of the 6 TD’s he threw behind two scores were in games he won. 😂

Okay?

I posted his situational stats, and it’s being interpreted as “acting like he’s putting up garbage time numbers”, lol. You guys are insecure as hell. 

13 minutes ago, Soggust said:

Sorry, I remember the "16-2" being quoted at me, so I just assumed it was the second half. I'm 100% wrong on that stat sorry, I didn't even search it. 

But does it really change anything lol? The forest from the trees is that they both were absolutely phenomenal, but it's just hard to maintain, historically.

Does taking a 5 TD game away change anything? Uhh I would say a little bit.

5 minutes ago, NoFlyZone said:

Don’t say you’ve “watched Dak” and then bring up the interception talk. Literally more than half of those weren’t “turnover worthy” plays. The one that lost the game for the Cowboys last Sunday came on a perfectly thrown ball that went right off his receiver’s hands for the game ending pick six. Not sure you’ve actually watched much of Dak’s game. 

I've been watching him for years. I know what kind of player he is by now.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Yin-Yang said:

Okay?

I posted his situational stats, and it’s being interpreted as “acting like he’s putting up garbage time numbers”, lol. You guys are insecure as hell. 

Yes and you quoted a guy that said a lot of his TD’s seem like when they are way down or close to that. And I showed you 4 of his 6 TD’s when down two scores, were in which games he won. 

reading is hard.

3 minutes ago, KhanYouDigIt said:

Yes and you quoted a guy that said a lot of his TD’s seem like when they are way down or close to that. And I showed you 4 of his 6 TD’s when down two scores, were in which games he won. 

reading is hard.

I provided the statistics to a guy that said something, so somehow that’s me saying Trevor throws TDs in garbage time? Makes sense if you don’t think about it.

You guys are touchier than the sensitive Lamar fans a few years ago. I’ll keep stats out of this thread from this point on, wouldn’t want to t r i g g e r anyone anymore than I already have by providing facts, lol.

EDIT: And no, you didn’t even provide the right information. 6 TDs were down one possession. 6 TDs were down from two possessions. 16 TDs were from behind. Meaning, with a little bit of da maff, that 4 TDs were down by more than two possessions. You provided a few from both, but not the total picture of either. 

Edited by Yin-Yang
  • Like 1