Las Vegas @ Pittsburgh
-----------------------------------

Sunday/Monday

Green Bay @ Miami
Denver @ Los Angeles Rams
Tampa Bay @ Arizona
Los Angeles Chargers @ Indianapolis

Green Bay @ Miami:

let's start off with this gem from @Outpost31, who's really finding his comedic stride:

"This will be the game that makes the tank official and gets Barry fired.

Given Barry's philosophy of, "Let's do exactly what the team we're playing would love for us to do and hope it confuses them enough they don't believe it,"

I fully expect us to go single high or cover 0 without moving Jaire and Rasul into man coverage on Waddle/Hill.

We'll probably, "Make them beat us by throwing the ball."

I wonder what the record for most 60 yard touchdowns in a game is. I think we're going to find out."

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, vikingsrule said:

We really don’t even need them to if we simply take care of business and win ourselves. 

No. But if we beat the Giants and the 49ers lose to Washington, then a win against Green Bay would lock in the #2 seed. Which would allow them to rest anyone who’s banged up and give them an extra week before the playoffs start. Unless Philly loses to Dallas and New Orleans. 

• Like 1

20 hours ago, vike daddy said:

do we need to rest players, or get our schemes and execution and coaching going?

Against my better judgment - a ratio leaning towards resting players. We have a myriad of old players. This ain't the yutes, anymore. 

Dalvin's due. I'd hate to lose Darrisaw or Hunter.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, wcblack34 said:

Question becomes: do they cut him, or how much of his salary do they eat to get a late round draft pick?

I don’t think they’d have trouble trading him. Especially if they aren’t looking for anything significant in terms of compensation. The Jets got multiple 2nd rounders for Darnold, and the Cardinals got a 2nd rounder for Josh Rosen. Zach Wilson still has the physical tools that teams love, and he’s only 23. Some team is going to think they can fix him. Not to mention, this is also a year with a relatively weak QB class.

19 minutes ago, SemperFeist said:

I don’t think they’d have trouble trading him. Especially if they aren’t looking for anything significant in terms of compensation. The Jets got multiple 2nd rounders for Darnold, and the Cardinals got a 2nd rounder for Josh Rosen. Zach Wilson still has the physical tools that teams love, and he’s only 23. Some team is going to think they can fix him. Not to mention, this is also a year with a relatively weak QB class.

At some point teams have to learn they can’t fix these guys. At least not for significant draft compensation. They are what they are. Geno Smith is a pretty rare case, but he was a 2nd round pick and Seattle didn’t have to trade for him. 

Darnold. Rosen. Mayfield. Trubisky. Ponder. 

Some guys just suck. Their tape doesn’t lie. 

On Saturday, eight games will be played in cold-as-balls conditions. Via Andrew Siciliano of NFL Network, the folks at AccuWeather have generated so-called “RealFeel” temperatures for Saturday.

The coldest it will feel is in Cleveland, for Saints at Browns. Thirty-seven below. THIRTY-SEVEN BELOW!

In Chicago, for Bills-Bears, it will feel as if it’s 21 below. In Pittsburgh, for Raiders-Steelers, nineteen below.

The Seahawks-Chiefs game in Kansas City will generate a “RealFeel” of twelve below. For Texans-Titans in Nashville, four below. In Boston, for Bengals-Patriots, it will be two below.

In Baltimore, it will feel like a balmy eight above for Falcons-Ravens. And in Charlotte, the coldest ever Panthers game will be played, and it will feel like 17 degrees for Lions-Panthers.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2022/12/23/eight-saturday-nfl-games-will-be-played-in-far-from-ideal-conditions/