Week 16 Gameday Discussion

TecmoSuperJoe

1 minute ago, Calamity_Cometh said:

What am I getting over lol

It's an overrated division but aside from the Packers, none of the other teams move the needle. You could sub the Commanders but they beat GB and will have earned their way in if they can beat the sexual assaulter.

Just now, WheatieMan said:

It's an overrated division but aside from the Packers, none of the other teams move the needle. You could sub the Commanders but they beat GB and will have earned their way in if they can beat the sexual assaulter.

Yeah I don't recall underrating or overrating the division in my post. Or alluding to it.

This team better come out with HUGE fire today! The fact that the number was being retired already, the throwback jerseys, and the anniversary alone should've been enough, but Franco's passing a few days ago should get this team playing like they're hearing renegade in their heads the entire time!

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, WheatieMan said:

Dallas still clearly behind Philly in ability, but honestly, we just don't know what Jalen will show up in the playoffs if he can't knock off the rust. They may have to pull another Foles, and we may have seen peak Eagles with all the injuries they had today (not season Enders but you never know).

Formula for Dallas? Get Darnold in the playoffs. Let Minn/49ers beat up on each other. And get some flukey turnovers EARLY in a cold playoff game. Do that and we have a shot at the SB. I'll take my chances versus Purdy and Cousins, even though we'd be slight underdogs still.

What makes you say that? 

4 minutes ago, 4thandInches said:

Man, Franco not being able to see his number retired is just wrong. 

It's been a huge debate in Steelers circles this week. Lots of people saying this should've been done years ago. But with a franchise with such history it becomes very hard to retire jerseys. So how can you give people flowers while still not retiring 1/2 the eligible numbers. 

1 minute ago, BayRaider said:

Raiders are the better team and roster, but on the road, and freezing cold. Carr sucks in the cold. Can’t wait to ditch him next year. Hopefully a good game no injuries. 

Are they the better team and roster? The Steelers are 2-1 against common opponents. Raiders 1-2. Both are 6-8. Steelers can win on the road, Raiders cannot. I'd also wager the Steelers have had a more difficult SOS in arriving at 6-8 than the Raiders.