Week 16 Gameday Discussion

TecmoSuperJoe

29 minutes ago, dante9876 said:

If a team is dumb enough to throw a 1st rd at raiders for carr. Raiders have to take it. 

I love Carr. He's handled everything with grace and love for the franchise. But if a team is dumb enough to offer a 1st for him (or 2nd +3rd, etc) you take it in a heartbeat

Extremely disrespectful talk about the Vikings by these two analysts Will Brinson and Emory Hunt in this recap. Saying we will probably get bounced by the 7 seed in the 1st round? Wow. 11-0 in 1 score games and that's the respect you give Minnesota? I get NFC Championship, or divisional round, but to say we're most likely going to get bounced in the wild card round is crazy.

Edited by SkolMasterMN
  • Like 1

26 minutes ago, SkolMasterMN said:

Extremely disrespectful talk about the Vikings by these two analysts Will Brinson and Emory Hunt in this recap. Saying we will probably get bounced by the 7 seed in the 1st round? Wow. 11-0 in 1 score games and that's the respect you give Minnesota? I get NFC Championship, or divisional round, but to say we're most likely going to get bounced in the wild card round is crazy.

I don't know about "probably" when it comes to losing in the wild card round, but it just took a 61 yard field goal at the end of regulation to beat a very likely opponent for that game. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Forge said:

I don't know about "probably" when it comes to losing in the wild card round, but it just took a 61 yard field goal at the end of regulation to beat a very likely opponent for that game. 

The most important thing to note in all of this is the Vikings are 11-0 in one score games. That right there shows that the team is tough, patient, and resilient. They don't panic. Those are the factors that don't show up in Dan Orvlosky's stat sheets. There's a reason that no one has ever came back from 33-0 before, and why teams aren't 11-0 in 1 score games. This team has a mentality that is different, that allows them the ability to pull out close games. 4-0, 5-0 maybe that's a fluke, but 11-0, at some point you have to recognize the TALENT that they have to win close games. 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Malfatron said:

Vikings 2 seed and packers 7 is my dream matchup

Well obviously, you're a Packers fan. 

Be careful what you wish for. Kirk has a winning record against Rodgers. Also it's no secret this Green Bay team is down this year. Y'all have to win the rest of your games just to make the playoffs and get the opportunity to come into our house and face us.

1 minute ago, SkolMasterMN said:

Well obviously, you're a Packers fan. 

Be careful what you wish for. Kirk has a winning record against Rodgers. Also it's no secret this Green Bay team is down this year. Y'all have to win the rest of your games just to make the playoffs and get the opportunity to come into our house and face us.

Between SF and Vikings....i aint taking SF

Just now, SkolMasterMN said:

The most important thing to note in all of this is the Vikings are 11-0 in one score games. That right there shows that the team is tough, patient, and resilient. They don't panic. Those are the factors that don't show up in Dan Orvlosky's stat sheets. There's a reason that no one has ever came back from 33-0 before, and why teams aren't 11-0 in 1 score games. This team has a mentality that is different, that allows them the ability to pull out close games. 4-0, 5-0 maybe that's a fluke, but 11-0, at some point you have to recognize the TALENT that they have to win close games. 

I'd consider that a massive pdo bender more than anything. 

They've been in the lead 30% of their offensive snaps which is second lowest in the league for teams with winning records. 

Their Pythagorean is 8-7. 

It's not really surprising that people don't take them that seriously. They seem like a decent team with some good fortune. 

They are fine. If they lose to a 6 or 7 seed, I won't be shocked. Not sure I'd expect it to happen given some of those teams that will likely be the 7 seed, but wouldn't at all be surprised

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Forge said:

I'd consider that a massive pdo bender more than anything. 

They've been in the lead 30% of their offensive snaps which is second lowest in the league for teams with winning records. 

Their Pythagorean is 8-7. 

It's not really surprising that people don't take them that seriously. They seem like a decent team with some good fortune. 

They are fine. If they lose to a 6 or 7 seed, I won't be shocked. Not sure I'd expect it to happen given some of those teams that will likely be the 7 seed, but wouldn't at all be surprised

See everything you just pointed out proves my point that this team has a little magic to it, which is something I believe in. Not everyone believes in that. 

Add a little luck and good fortune to a team that has the best WR in football, a top 10 QB and a top 5 RB, and you got a decent football team. The X factor for the Vikings come the playoffs will be how much the defense steps up. Considering we have all new coaches this year, there was going to be a bit of a learning curve. I think this is a championship level team, but obviously I'm biased. Guess we will see! 

What's fun about sports if you don't believe in your squad?