Browns extend Conklin: 4 years $60+ million

MWil23

Not gonna be mad we resigned a good player though.  I’m guessing he’ll be better next year too another year removed from the injury.

I don’t think this will impact Wills necessarily.  I think they’ll end up picking up his 5th year option and if he improved he’ll get extended and we’ll move on from Conklin after ‘24.

57 minutes ago, BetterCallSaul said:

Yeah the Wills loathing is a bit much. Do people forget what it was like with Greg Robinson at LT?

Plus Wills is young and has pure talent. He will be at the very least, a decent LT for us. It’s hard to find “decent” LT play in this league, guys. Replacing him would require us to spend a metric ton of $$ in the offseason or have a top 15 pick. We don’t have either.

Hate Wills for being lazy. Thats fine. But pretending like he needs replaced ASAP is also insane. He’s fine. Not worthy of where he was selected thus far, but let’s stop crucifying the guy as an utter bum. 

People dont forget about Greg Robinson but the Browns never had to settle for Greg Robinson, but for some reason they did. How many teams are hurting for a LT year in and year out? The Browns manipulated their roster in '19 by cutting Robinson for a day, so they could sneak a guy onto the active roster for the season to IR with the chance of bring them back later on. Once they did that, they picked Robinson back up. I fell like if Robinson was worth a damn, a LT needy team would have overpayed for Robinson a la like what Utah did to Boozer and the cavs back in the day.

Young and talent is great but those two things cant cover up for laziness. I wouldnt even say Wills is decent, its more like below avg. dudes best year was his rookie year and he hasnt surpassed that year. 

they can live with Willis for another year but in the end, he will need to be replaced. It seems like it be better to do it sooner rather than later.

I hope they take a tackle in the 3rd and allow them to compete for the job because Wills shouldnt be gifted the job anymore. I would love to see what Callahan could do with a guy like Jaelyn Duncan

45 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Not gonna be mad we resigned a good player though.  I’m guessing he’ll be better next year too another year removed from the injury.

I don’t think this will impact Wills necessarily.  I think they’ll end up picking up his 5th year option and if he improved he’ll get extended and we’ll move on from Conklin after ‘24.

His 5th year option will be close to 20 million, probably like 17.5. Our cap space is over 250 million with 35 players signed. So I dunno, might have to just sign him if we're interested in keeping him

11 hours ago, MWil23 said:

Yeah I don’t have a Twitter so I’m sure I copied it wrong.

I don’t either I hate Twitter. Btw bottom right of the twit you want to post, hit copy twit, paste into your post then hit paste as plain text, boom twitted. I may have missed a step but that’s the gist. 

• Like 1