Random NFL Tidbits

Forge

49 minutes ago, RaidersAreOne said:

They did have to give up another first to go get waddle, so it's the niners haul + 1st +2nd + (2) 4ths + 6th (there were some more moving pieces in the waddle trade in pretty sure)

So it's not a one for one. 

Even more incredible is that this all originally stems from the tunsil trade. Incredible job by Miami to maximize that asset

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, RaidersAreOne said:

Full trade summary, if anyone is curious:

• Dolphins trades #3 to the 49ers for #12, a 2022 1st(#29), 2022 3rd(#102), and 2023 1st(#29)
    • #12 as well as a 4th(#123) and a 2022 1st(#15) are traded to the Eagles for #6 and a 5th(#156)
      • #6 is used to draft WR Jaylen Waddle
      • #156 is traded to the Steelers for a 2022 4th(#125), which is used to draft WR Erik Ezukanma
    • #29 in 2022 as well as a 2nd(#50), 4th(#121), 2023 4th(#122), and 2023 6th(#178) is traded to the Chiefs for WR Tyreek Hill
    • #102 in 2022 is used to draft LB Channing Tindall
    • #29 in 2023 as well as a 2024 4th and RB Chase Edmonds is traded to the Broncos for LB Bradley Chubb and a 2025 5th

So the Dolphins did end up having to trade away another 1st, a 2nd, and three 4ths(counting the 4ths in the Waddle/Ezukanma trades and the 2023 6th/2025 5th in the Hill/Chubb trades as each having roughly the same value) in addition to their haul from the 49ers, but yeah, looking like a pretty lopsided trade with retrospect

Edited by jonnguy2015
  • Like 1

50 minutes ago, MSURacerDT55 said:

Revisiting the pre-draft talk on Lance should be interesting 

I said that we would pass on him at 12 but should consider a trade down to consider him at one point early in the draft season. 

Funny how that pre-draft process played out. 

8 hours ago, MSURacerDT55 said:

Revisiting the pre-draft talk on Lance should be interesting 

A lot of people talked about his upside and whatnot, but even the biggest "projects" at QB that went in the 1st had far more experience actually playing the position than Lance had.  It is the biggest reason I soured on him closer to draft day and he fell behind Mac Jones for me.  That and how bad he looked in the one game (albeit... it is just one game) he played in 2020.  He was just too big of a risk, never-mind trading picks for him.  Lastly while he was/is a good athlete, I didn't see someone who could take over a game with his legs in the NFL.  I think he benefited from the competition or lack thereof in area.

I don't think it is too late for him and the tools are still there, but he needs a team that will give him live-reps in a game.  It will take a team just throwing darts at the position and seeing what sticks (ala Panthers with Bridgewater/Darnold/Mayfield).

Edited by iknowcool