Random NFL Tidbits

Forge

3 hours ago, MWil23 said:

My biggest concern with Lantz from word go was that if you’re SF and feel like you were a quarterback away, why not trade for a veteran as opposed to giving a D-II/I-AA kid the keys to a high end sports car when he has played barely any football at all?

I still would say that if Purdy is the guy going forward he was last year, who cares because if that was Lantz then the trade was worth it and if it’s not then catching lightning in a bottle with a 7th is a wash from arguably the worst trade up in recent history.

That's what they wanted to do. First it was Sam Darnold. They were apparently deep in that conversation before he was traded to Carolina. Peter King thought he was going to be a niner. Matt Stafford to the niners felt like a done deal at the senior bowl. They were supposedly way into Watson before the legal part of his drama kicked in and I would imagine that the pieces they gave up to Miami for the Lance trade was the ammo they had set aside for Watson. Then called about acquiring Rodgers at the draft before taking Lance. 

I think they panicked on the trade up because by this point, the relationship between shanny and Jimmy g was already a bit fractured according to Tim kawakami. They wanted a new QB

• 2 weeks later...
47 minutes ago, Ray Reed said:

Steelers being second to last with 47 seems kinda wild people usually like their drafts and I thought they would be one of the more keep the inhouse investment-y teams and having a coach that's been there the entire time

Edited by Trojan
  • Like 1