MNF Week 17: Buffalo Bills @ Cincinnati Bengals

notthatbluestuff

25 minutes ago, Trentwannabe said:

Yes, and if you do not see why the Bengals would be upset with us I don’t know what else to tell you

I literally have no clue how you could say that. 

Why would the Bengals be mad at the Bills?

We were stripped of controlling our own destiny, just like them. 

I can understand them being upset about the coin flip scenario. I could also understand the Ravens being upset that they beat the Bengals twice and lost the division over a percentage point when games played isn’t equal. 

What am I missing that would/could warrant the Bengals being upset with the Bills? 

*can people please stop using the score of the game as some indication that the Bengals were about to route the Bills. 

7-3 with over 5 minutes left in the first quarter. The Hamlin incident occurred on the second play of the Bengals second drive. I mean we’re all football fans here. That score could’ve been 0-0 or 14-0 at that point and still meant nothing for the outcome.  What was the score of the Colts/Vikings game at the half? C’mon 

Edited by BillSabre
Wording

9 minutes ago, warfelg said:

Wonder if someone spills the beans on who voted which way. 

They should announce it now with a team stadium from the NFC or that’s eliminated from the playoffs. 

If we want to keep punishing teams and fans, they can play at FedEx. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, BillSabre said:

What am I missing that would/could warrant the Bengals being upset with the Bills? 

1 minute ago, BillSabre said:

Who the heck said this?!?

The Bengals (and fans) are unhappy that the resolution takes away their chance to control their own destiny. It’s the NFL their frustration is aimed at. Not the Bills. The Bills didn’t come up with this. I think a lot of people feel bad for the Bills too that their ability to control their own destiny was impacted too. But they aren’t going from potential outside shot at the #1 seed, HFA, and Bye week to a division champion potentially playing on the road. 

• Like 3

I know I'm not allowed to have this perspective because it would benefit Chiefs, but for me, the forest from the trees is that the NFL had procedures in place in the event of a cancelled game. The Bengals have every right to complain about the league saying "Hey we have a procedure but let's do it differently this time", right? 

Edited by Soggust
  • Like 8

Just now, MikeT14 said:

If we want to keep punishing teams and fans, they can play at FedEx. 

Clog ip the sewage out pipe for extra fun. Oh and have the speaker vote happen on the field before the game and in the stands during the game. And halftime entertainment is Snyder trying to convince people he isn’t a trash human being. 

1 minute ago, Soggust said:

I know I'm not allowed to have this perspective because it would benefit Chiefs, but for me, the forest from the trees is that the NFL had procedures in place in the event of a cancelled game. The Bengals have every right to complain about the league saying "Hey we have a procedure but let's do it differently this time", right? 

Yup. That’s exactly what happened too. Like I posted above. Only one team in this outcome has the potential for outside shot at 1 seed to on the road as a division winner. And it ain’t the Chiefs or Bills. 

8 minutes ago, BillSabre said:

I literally have no clue how you could say that. 

We were stripped of controlling our own destiny, just like them. 

I can understand them being upset about the coin flip scenario. I could also understand the Ravens being upset that they beat the Bengals twice and lost the division over a percentage point when games played isn’t equal. 

*can people please stop using the score of the game as some indication that the Bengals were about to route the Bills. 

7-3 with over 5 minutes left in the first quarter. The Hamlin incident occurred on the second play of the Bengals second drive. I mean we’re all football fans here. That score could’ve been 0-0 or 14-0 at that point and still meant nothing for the outcome.  What was the score of the Colts/Vikings game at the half? C’mon 

I can see a spelling error made you go off on a tangent.

I mean "if you can't see why the bengals would be upset with this"  - this being the coin/flip nonesense 

Was nothing said about a a Cincy win, Buffalo win and KC loss? Bills would always be above the Chiefs but the Bengals could be above both if they beat Buffalo so shouldn't Cincy get a neutral site vs KC even if the Bills win?

Also odd they don't care about a 2 vs 3 semi host.

1 minute ago, LAOJoe said:
Was nothing said about a a Cincy win, Buffalo win and KC loss? Bills would always be above the Chiefs but the Bengals could be above both if they beat Buffalo so shouldn't Cincy get a neutral site vs KC even if the Bills win?

Also odd they don't care about a 2 vs 3 semi host.

With going off win percentage, the Chiefs would be higher. I don't know why they only decided on the championship game and not the divisional round as well. As usual the NFL makes it up on the fly, half ***** it and hopes no one will notice. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, warfelg said:

Who the heck said this?!?

The Bengals (and fans) are unhappy that the resolution takes away their chance to control their own destiny. It’s the NFL their frustration is aimed at. Not the Bills. The Bills didn’t come up with this. I think a lot of people feel bad for the Bills too that their ability to control their own destiny was impacted too. But they aren’t going from potential outside shot at the #1 seed, HFA, and Bye week to a division champion potentially playing on the road. 

It was sais and that’s why I responded. I understand the frustration of the possible coin flip. Do you understand why they are enacting it? 

All this talk about controlling your own destiny. That includes beating the Ravens this week. So do that and the coin flip doesn’t happen. If you don’t do that, you win the division by default from the canceled game. BUT, the Ravens would’ve beat you twice in that scenario. They lose their shot at the division over a percentage point with an uneven amount of games played. KC gets the 1 seed by default but the Bills and Bengals both beat them. So IF either team plays them in the championship, it’s being played on a neutral field. The league is trying to be fair here to teams affected from the cancellation. They aren’t out to get anybody. 

That’s my take.