MNF Week 17: Buffalo Bills @ Cincinnati Bengals

notthatbluestuff

Bengals/Ravens WC round game played in Tennessee, you could have got 100,000 Bengals fans there for the game no problem.  Wouldn't even need a full week, those tickets would be gone in hours.  Split the tickets, and that's only 35,000 they'd need to sell.

Just now, THE DUKE said:

Bengals/Ravens WC round game played in Tennessee, you could have got 100,000 Bengals fans there for the game no problem.  Wouldn't even need a full week, those tickets would be gone in hours.  Split the tickets, and that's only 35,000 they'd need to sell.

Heck, I think you can do a game in Pittsburgh and sell half Bengals, half Ravens. Or Morgantown WV and use a college stadium. 

11 minutes ago, warfelg said:

And there you go. NFL compared this to COVID changes. Ugh. 

My gut reaction to this is, when why have it? The only reason why games are EVER canceled is generally because of something extreme and extenuating. They all require adjustments. 

Why are they even calling the Bengals division winners if they only get the negative aspects of it should they lose to the Ravens and the coin flip?

That said, there's going to be a murder at Paycor this Sunday.  The Ravens are about to walk into a buzzsaw.

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, warfelg said:

I think it’s fair to say this:

KC - Hard winner

Buffalo - Soft winner

Cincinnati - Hard loser

Baltimore - Winner

Bills are a soft winner after losing the 1 seed and bye?! They were the 1 seed heading into week 17 and the SB favorite, now are no longer either. I'd say neutral if anything. But I give up on arguing this topic so we'll agree to disagree lol. 

Just now, THE DUKE said:

Why are they even calling the Bengals division winners if they only get the negative aspects of it should they lose to the Ravens and the coin flip?

That said, there's going to be a murder at Paycor this Sunday.  The Ravens are about to walk into a buzzsaw.

It’s easy to say that with this outcome one team is boosted from positive emotions (Bills) and one from negative emotions (Bengals). Both teams are good and could create a buzzsaw. 

14 minutes ago, The BILLievers said:

I get everyone thinks the Bengals got hosed but have we really discussed the other scenario where the Bills win MNF and Bengals lose? Lot of what ifs right now. Bengals got the ball first and were up 7-3 and driving. What if they get a FG and the Bills go down and score a TD. It's now 10-10 and Bills receive ball after half time.. The people trying to say the Bengals were going to win that game after 1 possession each haven't been watching football. No doubt in my mind it would've been a one score game going to the 4th quarter. 

Regardless, if the Bengals lost on MNF, this week would be pivotal for them and if they lost to the Ravens they would drop all the way to the 5 seed and wild card. 

I get how they got screwed but they also got an automatic AFC North division win + homefield for the first game. 

At least in that scenario if we beat the Ravens this week we secure home field advantage and aren't subject to a coin flip for HFA.

3 minutes ago, THE DUKE said:

I would give the division to the winner of the coinflip. It's horse **** if the Bengals lose the game, coinflip, and then get a 1st place schedule in 23'.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, SmittyBacall said:

At least in that scenario if we beat the Ravens this week we secure home field advantage and aren't subject to a coin flip for HFA.

You still need to play as vanilla as possible. Maybe the Ravens go all out, maybe they don't, but this is a very dangerous situation for Cinci.

3 minutes ago, WheatieMan said:

You still need to play as vanilla as possible. Maybe the Ravens go all out, maybe they don't, but this is a very dangerous situation for Cinci.

Not really.  Most of our offense is on film at this point. They can use anything they've used in the past 15 games, which is quite a lot.

12 minutes ago, SmittyBacall said:

If you beat the Ravens this week don't you secure HFA? I thought the coin flip was only if the Ravens beat the Bengals then it goes to a coin flip. But regardless I get what you're saying and I wish they would've split the two amendments they made. I even like the ones below better.

If any of the two teams between KC/Buff/Cincy meet in the AFCCG it is on a neutral field. As well as the Ravens don't have a chance to host a playoff game in round 1, that goes to cincy. 

I mean does it really matter though? the Bengals are going to destroy the Ravens this week after how they've looked lately + this new chip on their shoulder. Vegas has the line at -10 and I'd probably take it at -13.5 lol. Isn't Lamar not even playing? I'm not trying to diminish your worries/frustration but I don't think you have anything to be worried about this week and will be the 3 seed/ AFC North winners and hosting the Ravens in postseason week 1.