MNF Week 17: Buffalo Bills @ Cincinnati Bengals

notthatbluestuff

2 minutes ago, vike daddy said:

you collapse with yout heart not beating which means no oxygen transfer to the brain, and no compressions going on, you have about 3-10 minutes before you'll suffer irreversible harm.

CPR guidelines say 20 minutes before you stop performing, so even outside the 10 minute window there is still value.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Louis Friend said:

They stated they performed CPR for over 9 minutes. It was almost 30 minutes from collapse to leaving the field. 

the medics had to artificially pump his blood with mechanical compressions through his body and to his brain, while they shocked his heart back in to functioning.

he had cardiac arrest which is the heart completely stopping to beat (pump). this is different from a heart attack.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Towerbridge said:

Because nobody watches it in the first place

Of course people watch it, hence why it takes place. 

It's a month away. And it's basically flag football at this point where players don't hit or tackle so no risk of injury.

I'm sorry but for as sad as this situation is, the world cannot stop because a young man got injured. 

1 minute ago, Calamity_Cometh said:

I was mulling over taking a first aid course.

That decision has been made.

My company does yearly CPR and AED training for everyone in management. I'm going to ask we start doing it for every employee from here on out just to be safe

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, vike daddy said:

the medics had to artificially pump his blood with mechanical compressions through his body and to his brain, while they shocked his heart back in to functioning.

he had cardiac arrest which is the heart completely stopping to beat (pump). this is different from a heart attack.

I'm sure part of that time was removing his pads to perform chest compressions. 

1 minute ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

Even under pressure, remember the scene from The Office with Dwight. 30 presses to the rhythm of "Staying Alive", 2 breathes, repeat until an EMT tells you to get the hell out of the way.

actually, it's been determined now that breathing for the victiom is unwarranted, and compressions are far more critical. so anything that stops you from doing compressions is not needed.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, adamq said:

My company does yearly CPR and AED training for everyone in management. I'm going to ask we start doing it for every employee from here on out just to be safe

ESPN should pre-record videos where they have their people learning CPR in their back pocket so that people would have something educational to watch during the downtimes.

• Like 2