MNF Week 17: Buffalo Bills @ Cincinnati Bengals

notthatbluestuff

2 minutes ago, Louis Friend said:

Also important games for final playoff positions and top of NFC seeding. NFL isn't going to alter all of that just so Bills organization/fans feel better. 

There's just so many moving parts it's nearly impossible.  Both franchises walked off the field last night knowing that this game might never get played and the consequences that come along with cancellation.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

Agreed a little bit but it barely registered. Losing a football game when the other team willingly plays Zach Wilson the entire time is inexcusable at every level. Like, how.

Agreed. Real teams choke away 13 point leads with under 2 minutes to his backup.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, BofaDeez54927 said:

There's just so many moving parts it's nearly impossible.  Both franchises walked off the field last night knowing that this game might never get played and the consequences that come along with cancellation.

As a Bengals fan, i'm willing to go with whatever the decision is.  Not playing the game after that was absolutely the right call.  It might benefit us, it might screw us, either way, i'm glad the right decision was made in the moment.

• Like 7

8 minutes ago, Calamity_Cometh said:

Dude you are emotional and I am NOT repeating myself or other posts. They are there.

I am not even in favor of any of this ****. I am telling you that moving every game back for the benefit of the Bills might NOT be what happens.

This isn't a sanctioned debate between you and I and your posts are getting sharper in tone. I am not digging through this thread to repeat the same stuff.

Granting every team a bye diminishes the competitive advantage of the 1st seed via injuries. Owners will fight it. Simple as that.

I’m pretty sharp….. it is what it is. Like I said in an earlier post,  Bills should forfeit the Bengals game and the Patriots game. Take the three seed and give themselves a few weeks to get their heads right. Sucks for the Dolphins, Ravens and Steelers but so be it. Sucks for us too. Problem solved 

Edited by BillSabre

Just now, BillSabre said:

I’m pretty sharp….. it is what it is. Like I said in an earlier post. Bills should forfeit the Be glad game and the Patriots game. Take the three seed and give themselves a few weeks to get their heads right. Sucks for the Dolphins and Steelers but so be it. Sucks for us too. Problem solved 

That would be the simplest solution for the league.  If that is the decision, it will be announced by McDermott.

Just now, LAOJoe said:

You guys keep saying there is no way to be fair but I've already outlined that there is a way. Slightly less rest but it can happen. The game would have to be played on Thursday and a playoff game or two played on Tuesday.

That in itself isn't fair though.  Playing 3 games in 10-11 days is absolutely a disadvantage.

• Like 2

Is the first tiebreaker head to head for seeding?

If so, I think if the Chiefs win, they’re the 1 seed. If they win Saturday, that stands. Then I think the most logical and reasonable thing to say is that the game is a tie and you do the math from there.

Caveat is if the Bills and Bengals meet in the postseason, you make them play on a neutral field, whether that’s Detroit, Cleveland, or Indianapolis since that game impacted seeding.

Sure, the matchups could be a bummer for Cincinnati in the 3 seed, but I think that’s reasonable as a compromise in this tragic scenario.

Just now, MWil23 said:

Caveat is if the Bills and Bengals meet in the postseason, you make them play on a neutral field, whether that’s Detroit, Cleveland, or Indianapolis since that game impacted seeding.

Definitely not Cleveland.  Lucas Oil is an awesome stadium, but I think Ford Field would make the most sense as more geographically between the two.  Divide the tickets 50/50 between the fan bases.

Just now, THE DUKE said:

Definitely not Cleveland.  Lucas Oil is an awesome stadium, but I think Ford Field would make the most sense as more geographically between the two.  Divide the tickets 50/50 between the fan bases.

Strictly spitballing here. Fill in the blanks for location. And yes, 50/50 gate and ticket distribution. Detroit is probably geographically closest to both.

27 minutes ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

Alright I understand Bills fans have every right to be emotional and feel screwed, but the primary reason the Bills aren't the 1 seed is because they lost against Zach Wilson and managed to choke against Kirk ******* Cousins in back to back weeks. Not because the NFL had to cancel a game.

Dumbest logic ever. They have the same record as the Chiefs prior to this week and beat them head to head. 

tables are turned and the Chiefs played last night and their S had a heart attack, is the reason they’re not the 1 seed anymore because they lost Matt Ryan and the Indy Colts lol like wtf.