Week 17: San Francisco 49ers at Las Vegas Raiders

TecmoSuperJoe

Well, we wanted to see Purdy in a road, high stress environment lead a comeback win. And he did, but he got lucky on the Aiyuk pass before Gould's missed FG. Still, heck of a job to just get it out before getting hit

Overall an ugly W. But nice to get the #2 seed. Now hopefully we win & the Eagles lose to the Giants. Hopefully the Giants don't rest their starters!

• Like 3

I’m not worried about the defense. Great defense, horrible game. It happens. 

Biggest concern I have is there was a number of open receivers Purdy didn’t see. Didn’t see that much in previous games but with such a small sample size on him, everything is a big deal. Hope he just had a bad game. 

On the good side, the moment wasn’t too big for him and he stayed composed when down in the 4th. That ball that got deflected that Aiyuk caught that set up the missed FG could have been bad for sure though. 

Let’s see what’s up with the injuries. Just Banks and Greenlaw, right? 

• Like 2

We were due for an off performance and had one defensively this game. I didn't think we were great against the Commanders either but got the win so on to the next.

Gould needs to get it together as he will need to make big ones in the playoffs for us to potentially get to the SB. 

#2 seed with Deebo/Mitchell set to return soon, can't ask for anything else. Even have a outside chance of getting the #1 seed. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

#2 seed with Deebo/Mitchell set to return soon, can't ask for anything else. Even have a outside chance of getting the #1 seed. 

I wish the Giants would have lost today. Pretty sure that they are locked into where they are so I don't expect their starters to play next week, almost certainly not a full game if they do. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, straighthate said:

Biggest concern I have is there was a number of open receivers Purdy didn’t see

He's not Patrick Mahomes my guy. He's Mr Irrelevant. Let's temper the expectations a little. 

He came back from a 10 point 2nd half deficit and led two clutch drives at the end of the game. 

He's a master at avoiding sacks and don't put the ball in harms way very often. 

He's playing well above his head right now. 

Be worried about he number 1 defense getting absolutely cooked in the secondary 

• Like 1

Just now, Forge said:

I wish the Giants would have lost today. Pretty sure that they are locked into where they are so I don't expect their starters to play next week, almost certainly not a full game if they do. 

Kinda crazy that the Eagles could be the #1 seed and the Giants the #6 seed, and the Giants are the one who could rest their starters in Week 18 

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, 49ersfan said:

Well, we wanted to see Purdy in a road, high stress environment lead a comeback win. And he did, but he got lucky on the Aiyuk pass before Gould's missed FG. Still, heck of a job to just get it out before getting hit

Overall an ugly W. But nice to get the #2 seed. Now hopefully we win & the Eagles lose to the Giants. Hopefully the Giants don't rest their starters!

Yeah, the win is great, but it was awesome seeing Purdy in this situation. 

Mentally, he's got the makeup of a very good starter. Creative, intuitive, calm.  It really may be a situation where he's mostly limited by whatever physical limitations he may or may not have. 

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Forge said:

Yeah, we are locked into the 2nd seed in all likelihood, which is fine.

The Packers may make it annoying but we should be okay. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Yeah, we are locked into the 2nd seed in all likelihood, which is fine.

The Packers may make it annoying but we should be okay. 

I wanted the 1 seed or Giants. Well, Giants are locked in the 6th seed, and us being the 3rd seed is very unlikely. 

So, i want the 1 seed. If not, i'd rather face the Lions. Don't want to face the Seahawks a 3rd time & don't want to face a red hot Aaron Rodgers in a must win situation

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, 49ersfan said:

I wanted the 1 seed or Giants. Well, Giants are locked in the 6th seed, and us being the 3rd seed is very unlikely. 

So, i want the 1 seed. If not, i'd rather face the Lions. Don't want to face the Seahawks a 3rd time & don't want to face a red hot Aaron Rodgers in a must win situation

It's tough. Rodgers always inspires some fear for sure

• Like 2