Week 17: San Francisco 49ers at Las Vegas Raiders

TecmoSuperJoe

Saw some Raiders fans in various online circles essentially partying over their latest L like they just won the Super Bowl.

"Should we roll with Stidams!!!??? He balled out today!!!"

"Niners are frauds!!! They should have won by 14+!!! They'll be one and done!!!"

Ain't gonna lie. The "Commitment to Copium" kind of had me rollin for a bit. For some, It's become the bedrock of their fandom after 20 years of languishing in mediocrity. 

Edited by TecmoSuperJoe
  • Like 2

16 minutes ago, TecmoSuperJoe said:

Saw some Raiders fans in various online circles essentially partying over their latest L like they just won the Super Bowl.

"Should we commit to Stidams!!!??? He balled out today!!!"

"Niners are frauds!!! They should have won by 14+!!! They'll be one and done!!!"

Ain't gonna lie. The copium kind of had me rollin for a bit. 

They'll have a high 1st round pick, and have some long term foundational pieces in Davantae Adams, Kolton Miller & Maxx Crosby. Adams is 30 but he can produce for a while longer

Ultimately though, I don't think the Raiders have their GM, HC, or QB in place. Ownership seems to be an issue too. Stidham had a good game but he's a backup at best ultimately. 

In terms of bleakest situations, i'd say only the Browns, Colts, Broncos, Cardinals & Saints are worse off. Everyone else is either established, or has a chance to get better pending new hires/offseason moves

Edited by 49ersfan

7 hours ago, 49ersfan said:

Can't remember if it was this thread or reddit, but someone said Jordan Mason is a poor mans Marshawn Lynch...and i kinda see it.

Felt so good for him when he scored, we saw how badly he wanted one v Seattle. We are going to need him in the playoffs if Mitchell doesn't come back at near 100%

• Like 1

If our QB room was one guy, this would be his stat line, to date:

• 65.7% Cmp
  • 3,871 yards
  • 27/9 TD/INT
  • 100.2 Rating
  • 12.0 Y/C
  • 7.9 Y/A
  • 3 rushing TDs

These numbers, with the exception of CMP%, are all right around the bottom portion of the top 10. Essentially, we'd have a top 10 QB with a fair shot as a pro-bowl alternate. I'd say this is Shanny's best passing year so far. 

• Like 9

27 minutes ago, Forge said:

Probably need to give some props to Mike McG for yesterday 

Yeah. I just looked at the PFF game stats and the team gave up 5 pressures and 0 sacks. McG went against Crosby almost exclusively and held up nicely. 

I'm looking forward to the All-22. I was watching yesterday's game during a Christmas party, so I didn't get to see every snap.

Refs are doing everything they can to prevent bosa from getting another sack. They let the OL choke hold and grab him all day long. everytime he touches the QB they auto-reach for the flag. i think bosa just got sick of it and just drove the OL guy into the QB instead. Can't flag me if i don't dont him. 

Edited by Herodreamer79
  • Like 2