2018 QBs

brooks1957

4 hours ago, MWil23 said:

We aren't in a position to just load up the defensive line when our offense and secondary are literally the worst in the NFL. It's the same logic as drafting JT's replacement in the first round this year...we shouldn't do it.

Maybe we should draft them higher than the 5th round, aside from Corey Coleman. Throwing crap against the wall in rounds 5-7 and drafting 5 WR's is nothing more than a desperation move hoping that 1-2 of them stick on a roster and that 1 of them becomes a legitimate starter.

I'm with you on not drafting an OT, as those guys are plug into 1 spot and play. A stud DL is more compelling to me, because of the amount those guys rotate in and out of the game. Would I rather take a stud WR, or FS or CB after we (hopefully) do the right thing and take QB #1 overall? Absolutely, but I don't think another pass rusher would be a bad call either.

1 minute ago, NudeTayne said:

So what you're saying is you think we can get him for a 2 & a 3.

I dunno, depends on what the Vikings plans are. Could take considerably more or less. I personally have no interest and don't see how he could fit into Hue's offense so a Hue firing would probably have to happen.

1 minute ago, Thomas5737 said:

I dunno, depends on what the Vikings plans are. Could take considerably more or less. I personally have no interest and don't see how he could fit into Hue's offense so a Hue firing would probably have to happen.

I was being facetious.  We better not trade that much for a guy who may never be back to his old self ever again.

3 minutes ago, Thomas5737 said:

I think I want a great QB. We've been bad long enough that we can handle it a little longer. I'm usually thinking along your lines, get someone competent, build to be a playoff contender and watch meaningful games. I have recently switched to wanting a great QB. Just so much suffering that has been endured I want success for a long period of time and a great QB usually does that. Keep trying until we get one. Or start trying, however you want to look at it.

I'm with you...and unfortunately with this crew who have traded off of Wentz and Watson, it's start trying. Bringing in a guy like Bridgewater who is at least experienced and stable to tutor (and compete with) Kizer and hopefully the #1 overall pick, Rosen or Darnold or whoever, would be the best way to go, I think.

1 minute ago, dawgdish said:

I'm with you...and unfortunately with this crew who have traded off of Wentz and Watson, it's start trying. Bringing in a guy like Bridgewater who is at least experienced and stable to totor (and compete with) Kizer and hopefully the #1 overall pick, Rosen or Darnold or whoever, would be the best way to go, I think.

I just don't know if that is necessary. Whether we get Alex Smith or Teddy they are just occupying space and it's probably not worth the effort to get them. Most great quarterbacks will be good from the start. Even if not statistically they show everyone enough that you don't have to worry about the position any time soon.

1 hour ago, Iamcanadian said:

You really want Bridgewater, he is healthy now and cannot even beat out Keenum for the QB job in Minny. He is an average starter at best, an Alex Smith type, who can win games but never take a team to the SB.

That's not true man despite Keenum good overachieving season the Vikings have still considered Teddy to start over him despite being out for a year and a half they still are considering him.

keenum just is balling out this season but that does not mean teddy Bridgewater is trash or a alex smith .. from what I know the browns would take a alex smith type period .

Kirk cousins is still considered ... I feel as if he's more about money than an SB.. he isn't stupid he's a family man and financially will mean a lot to him more than a ring .

i see browns or jags as his options the browns are desperate for a qb and I think you'll give him the 160. Million dollar he wants .

1 minute ago, Thomas5737 said:

I just don't know if that is necessary. Whether we get Alex Smith or Teddy they are just occupying space and it's probably not worth the effort to get them. Most great quarterbacks will be good from the start. Even if not statistically they show everyone enough that you don't have to worry about the position any time soon.

If a Bridgwater or Alex Smith is just occupying the space that Kessler or Hogan are currently occupying, sign me up. Sure a great QB should develop to be great anyway, but I think having a guy who has seen it and done it and can help in the meeting room, with wiley tips, etc is beneficial in a young QB group.

1 hour ago, dawgdish said:

If a Bridgwater or Alex Smith is just occupying the space that Kessler or Hogan are currently occupying, sign me up. Sure a great QB should develop to be great anyway, but I think having a guy who has seen it and done it and can help in the meeting room, with wiley tips, etc is beneficial in a young QB group.

Sure and they would be a reliable back up in case of injury but I'm not sure either would want that role. We'd probably have to offer something unrealistic which would be unrealistic.

I have watched a ton of games (live and recorded) over the past two weeks.....re-ranking of my QB's

1. Josh Rosen

2. Luke Fulk

3. Baker Mayfield

4. Sam Darnold

5. Josh Allen

And my number 1 QB/FA to bring in is still Alex Smith.....I think I was the first person in here calling for him as a Free agent to acquire.

I think a A QB depth chart of

Alex Smith/Deshon Kizer/Josh Rosen

Finally solves our problems at QB....Alex Smith can steer a team with a solid running game and top 8 D to a playoff win. And then the Ultimate....Kizer continues to develop and Rosen looks like a stud....all of a sudden we have teams calling offering a 1rst or a pair of 2nd's for on of our surplus QB's.

2 minutes ago, Dashing202 said:

Why hue Jackson didn't just give Kap a chance is beyond me . He by far is a much improvement over the current qb roster the browns have .

There are a number of guys who are probably better RIGHT NOW, but we need a long term solution and I don't think Kaep is that.

Signing him just wins you another few games that does nothing to help the franchise long term.

Archived