2018 QBs

brooks1957

9 minutes ago, dawgdish said:

Man, that would be so like us to do the right thing and take Darnold or Rosen at #1, then have a blue chip guy like Minkah staring us in the face, and get cute, slide back for a less sure thing (cough cough, Peppers, Njoku) who need more long term developing for future picks, then all get canned because we couldn't win in 2018, blow it all up, jettison half the roster, and start all over again. Take the #1 QB and a guy like Minkah and don't blink.

Isn't that awesome to have the ability to get two studs in the top 10-15?

Wonder how that happened??

4 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Isn't that awesome to have the ability to get two studs in the top 10-15?

Wonder how that happened??

I thought you were just advocating for trading out of getting one of those studs. You're arguing out of both sides of your mouth just to argue.

19 hours ago, Thomas5737 said:

I just don't know if that is necessary. Whether we get Alex Smith or Teddy they are just occupying space and it's probably not worth the effort to get them. Most great quarterbacks will be good from the start. Even if not statistically they show everyone enough that you don't have to worry about the position any time soon.

100% disagree, Peyton Manning, Troy Aikman, Eli Manning, John Elway all made horrible decisions and were not good QBs their rookie years.

7 minutes ago, dawgdish said:

I thought you were just advocating for trading out of getting one of those studs. You're arguing out of both sides of your mouth just to argue.

Not at all.  

I'd prefer a trade down with the Texans pick, never said anything different.

That said, if we do stay put, I like Darnold and Minkah.

Not too complex IMO.

Scenarios we don't go QB at #1 are:

1. If we do the smart thing and somehow smooth talk our way into Cousins and give him a dump truck full of cash. It won't happen. He strikes me as a very smart guy.

2. We do the extremely frustrating/dumb thing and sign AS A STARTER (if cut) or trade for Alex Smith, Blake Bortles, Teddy Bridgewater, Keenum, etc. If we bring them in as a veteran QB room presence with the understanding of mentoring that #1 overall pick, then I'm all for it.

Side note: If we do #2, I want EVERY SINGLE MEMBER OF OUR COACHING STAFF AND FRONT OFFICE GONE. I'm sick and tired of passing up on #1 overall QB prospects. We have made zero attempt to get the best QB at his position (prospect wise) in 20 years.

3. Kizer plays out of his mind and is the polar opposite of what he's been with Coleman and Gordon, something along the lines of like 10-15 TD, 0-1 INT, and 300 yards per game passing with a QB rating 95 or above.

3 hours ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

I'm all for a trade down with the Texans pick, especially if it's top 5-6.

I'd love to have another couple 1sts/2nds over the next year or two. 

I see your point but i like the idea off trading one of are seconds for next years first

45 minutes ago, Aztec Hammer said:

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/www.latimes.com/sports/usc/la-sp-usc-darnold-20171128-story,amp.html

Some new quotes in there. Either he really has no issue with playing for the Browns or he's just saying that because he knows he's returning to school anyway and doesn't want it to seem like it's because of the Browns.

how many bonafide #1/#2 overall picks go back to school? 

1 hour ago, buno67 said:

how many bonafide #1/#2 overall picks go back to school? 

Peyton Manning

Andrew Luck

Sam Bradford threw 50:8, went to the National Championship, and returned to school. Promptly got injured and missed the season, still went first overall.

There are a lot of examples. Add the Cleveland ineptitude in and Darnold being a lifelong USC fan... I'm not counting it out.

Archived