2018 QBs

brooks1957

26 minutes ago, brownie man said:

Give me a draft of this

1A. Lamar Jackson

He's too risky. He's not the best "Pro Style" QB in the draft and too many unknowns about accuracy, footwork, and throwing effectively from the pocket. Plus, he'll DEFINITELY need time on the bench IMO, especially with his slight build (not worried about it in the long term). It would be a great situation for him if he could sit behind a guy for a year and then take over with an already capable talent roster.

1B. Minkah Fitzpatrick

I like him a lot. Drafting him would allow us to move Peppers to a SS and Minkah could move everywhere.

2A. Sam Hubbard

With Myles and Ogbah, I wouldn't love him with the 33rd pick. He'd be a situational guy and with Collins, Kirksey, and Schobert, he's not a starting LB on our team either.

2B  Damien Harris

He's not even my favorite Alabama running back, and he's about my 5th favorite SEC running back (Guice/Chubb, Scarborough, Michele). No thanks in the 2nd.

2C. CB Iman Marshall

Nice athlete at the CB position. I hope he's more consistent. He's a boom/bust kid in my opinion.

3. Malik Jefferson 

I LOVE Jefferson, but I'd be shocked if he's still there in round 3.

44 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

With Myles and Ogbah, I wouldn't love him with the 33rd pick. He'd be a situational guy and with Collins, Kirksey, and Schobert, he's not a starting LB on our team either.

Yeah, I'd probably want to wait a bit to get another end, but if they loved him I wouldn't be mad.

Without Garrett this team really struggled to get pressure without blitzing.

I was really hoping Nassib would step up a bit.

18 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Yeah, I'd probably want to wait a bit to get another end, but if they loved him I wouldn't be mad.

Without Garrett this team really struggled to get pressure without blitzing.

I was really hoping Nassib would step up a bit.

IMO Nassib has been a huge disappointment. I was pretty high on him after the preseason last year/his first few games pre-injury. He's been extremely underwhelming. 

2 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

IMO Nassib has been a huge disappointment. I was pretty high on him after the preseason last year/his first few games pre-injury. He's been extremely underwhelming. 

I'm still holding out hope.  

I think he's really a guy who needs time to develop, mostly in the weight room, and could be a really solid end year 3 or 4.

1 minute ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

I'm still holding out hope.  

I think he's really a guy who needs time to develop, mostly in the weight room, and could be a really solid end year 3 or 4.

I really hope you're right. I love his motor/technique but what concerns me the most is he gets dominated against the run and has no hope of anything close to a bull rush. He's never going to be explosive around the edge, which is fine, but without any type of strength/ability at the point of attack, I'm concerned.

6 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

I really hope you're right. I love his motor/technique but what concerns me the most is he gets dominated against the run and has no hope of anything close to a bull rush. He's never going to be explosive around the edge, which is fine, but without any type of strength/ability at the point of attack, I'm concerned.

Yeah he lacks any elite physical traits, but if he can tack on some weight/strength and refine his technique, he could be a solid reserve base end.

We'll see if he can....

30 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

23 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Yeah he lacks any elite physical traits, but if he can tack on some weight/strength and refine his technique, he could be a solid reserve base end.

We'll see if he can....

Ugh.  It appears I was wrong about Nassib, and we know how much I hate being wrong.  I don't know about drafting a DE, but this draft is DEEP at DE so now could be the time, maybe even in the third or fourth round to someone falling from tier 2.

1 minute ago, bosko1616 said:

Any Mock including Lamar Jackson at 1 is not even worth reading. He’s a college QB that’s it. He will get eaten alive in the nfl. Then bust hard so most likely he’ll be the pick 

Looks that way to me as well.  I was wrong about Deshaun, though.  That said, Deshaun was consistently a high percentage passer in college while Jackson has struggled to hit 60%.

As of right now there’s no way anybody should have Jackson over Darnold, Rosen or Mayfield. I recently watched his game against NC State (ie NFL-lite dline) and was average at best. Love him as a college qb but not an nfl prospect. 

Btw came away impressed with Nyheim Hines, Dez Fitzpatrick and Ryan Finley. 

9 hours ago, Bonanza23 said:

As of right now there’s no way anybody should have Jackson over Darnold, Rosen or Mayfield. I recently watched his game against NC State (ie NFL-lite dline) and was average at best. Love him as a college qb but not an nfl prospect. 

Btw came away impressed with Nyheim Hines, Dez Fitzpatrick and Ryan Finley. 

I’d take Lamar over Rosen 

I’m telling y’all if he wasn’t 6’4 you all wouldn’t even pay him attention 

4 hours ago, Aztec Hammer said:

read: "I said it behind closed doors and the understanding is that they will try to get as much possible out of trading down so someone else can take me #1; all the while everyone will be smiling and acting like this happened organically."

:-D

Happy cynicism Groundhog Day, fellow Browns fans.

Archived