Raiders to release QB Derek Carr (Page 73)

RaidersAreOne

7 minutes ago, SilverNBlackFan said:

Derek Carr has proven to be a clown. 

the guy is the 8th or 9th best QB in the conference acting like the Raiders did him wrong lol going to the pro bowl covering the Raider logo. Diva like behavior 

His family was so happy that he made the Pro Bowl, lol. It's insane to me that they're promising to release their "side of the story" whenever he's traded/cut.

6 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

His family was so happy that he made the Pro Bowl, lol. It's insane to me that they're promising to release their "side of the story" whenever he's traded/cut.

It’s comical how salty they’ve been throughout this process. Baker Mayfield handled the situation with the Browns being replaced with arguably more class than DC and his folks. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, SilverNBlackFan said:

It’s comical how salty they’ve been throughout this process. Baker Mayfield handled the situation with the Browns being replaced with arguably more class than DC and his folks. 

DC's reaction to everything makes it pretty clear why they're choosing to move on even though there really isn't a clear upgrade available. Baker went from potentially getting a huge deal to getting cut, Carr got two huge deals despite his flaws and the team put him in a great spot to land on his feet. But you'd assume that the team just absolutely screwed him the way they're acting.

2 hours ago, Humble_Beast said:

If we didn’t do all the BS, DC prolly would have took a pay cut to improve the team. Same with Tae, now it’s about the money. It’s a business. Maybe, DC and Raiders can let cooler heads prevail. One more rodeo. Year 2 in the system, everything on the line. Would be a miracle. The other options are so risky 

What should all the BS be, he had to handle?

Because inconsistent coaching staff, horrible defense and moody ownership didn't seem to bother him when he signed that contract last year.

The only "BS" he had to deal with last year was that he got criticized in front of the whole team. Or is there something else?
If not, then good luck finding a team where he don't get criticized.

14 minutes ago, Styrian Raider said:

What should all the BS be, he had to handle?

Because inconsistent coaching staff, horrible defense and moody ownership didn't seem to bother him when he signed that contract last year.

The only "BS" he had to deal with last year was that he got criticized in front of the whole team. Or is there something else?
If not, then good luck finding a team where he don't get criticized.

Getting benched/sent home when the season was over is the "BS" he's referring too.

Just now, Styrian Raider said:

oh, I see.
well, that's for sure more BS than he had to deal with last year......

I think his point was that if the team handled it better we could've potentially brought Carr back but that bridge seems to be burnt.

2 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

I think his point was that if the team handled it better we could've potentially brought Carr back but that bridge seems to be burnt.

I don't see why we should do that.
Obviously JMD don't trust DC that he can turn things around. So why he should keep him around, especially when his jobs maybe on the line next year.

Benching Carr rather was a business decision than a personal one. So DC and his family shouldn't take it as such an, although I agree that he would've deserved a better ending. But it takes two to tango and DC also didn't behave like he should IMHO.

1 minute ago, Styrian Raider said:

I don't see why we should do that.
Obviously JMD don't trust DC that he can turn things around. So why he should keep him around, especially when his jobs maybe on the line next year.

Benching Carr rather was a business decision than a personal one. So DC and his family shouldn't take it as such an, although I agree that he would've deserved a better ending. But it takes two to tango and DC also didn't behave like he should IMHO.

We're just in a weird spot because we've made so many "win now" moves but the decision to move on from Carr without a clear, viable plan to replace him points to a rebuild. 

If DC would've played well down the stretch I'm guessing he'd be coming back but he just wasn't very good when we needed him to be. I think the way he responded to criticism and the team being meh had more to do with their decision to move on than anything though. 

The interception against the Rams / Steelers are plays a 9 year veteran set to make $40M can't make with the playoffs on the line.

4 hours ago, RaidersAreOne said:

Whew.... I was worried for a second. If Vic puts those odds out, then he's def getting traded. Vic is the same guy who pounded the table saying Mack would not be traded. 

You can tell Vic has nothing in the building with this new regime. He's salty in every post and article. Constantly taking shots at them. I'll take everything he says with a grain of salt. 

• Like 2