Raiders to release QB Derek Carr (Page 73)

RaidersAreOne

1 hour ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

What activities do they do now at the pro bowl?

They’ve been pretty hush hush about it honestly. But they’ve completely nixed the game. I think it’s going to be a lot like the skills competitions from the early 2000s. 

1 minute ago, Chali21 said:

They’ve been pretty hush hush about it honestly. But they’ve completely nixed the game. I think it’s going to be a lot like the skills competitions from the early 2000s. 

Watch carr get cut before all star 

keep having flashbacks of the ne rb who tore his knee up iirc playing a pro bowl game in the sand a while back

• Like 1

12 hours ago, RaidersAreOne said:

So we really have to see Carr wear the Raider helmet in Vegas one last time?

Are they going to wear helmets for flag football?  Seems a bit excessive.  Who was the RB from NE  that tore up everything in his knee 20 years ago in the last flag football game I watched played at the pro bowl?  It was pretty nasty.

Edited by drfrey13

10 hours ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

Watch carr get cut before all star 

keep having flashbacks of the ne rb who tore his knee up iirc playing a pro bowl game in the sand a while back

I forgot the RB name off the top of my head but he was the ROY and was never the same player pre injury. Got injured in a beach football game

3 hours ago, bucksavage1 said:

I forgot the RB name off the top of my head but he was the ROY and was never the same player pre injury. Got injured in a beach football game

It was on the beach? Well no wonder it happened, changing direction on sand over grass is dangerous. Either way I doubt they’ll let the QBs run with the ball. They’ll probably have 5 alligators to throw the ball. 

14 hours ago, bucksavage1 said:

I will never forget it.  Robert Edwards was playing a game on the sand, running full speed, stepped in a hole, hyperextended his knee and completely blew it out.  Horrific injury that he never recovered from. 

36 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

Apparently we haven’t even granted Carr’s agent the ability to explore a trade. It seems kind of odd considering we have less than 2 weeks to make a decision. 

They probably already know no team is willing to trade much for him knowing he's about to be a FA anyway.  So instead of the Raiders looking stupid for putting together a pathetic trade (day 3 pick in 2024) they're just going to blame DC and his team for not being able to come up with a trade at the last second and just cut him instead.

53 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

Apparently we haven’t even granted Carr’s agent the ability to explore a trade. It seems kind of odd considering we have less than 2 weeks to make a decision. 

Not really... they don't want Carr's agent negotiating with a team that cuts a deal that they will sign him once the Raiders release him. It would defeat the whole purpose. 

• Like 3

40 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

Not really... they don't want Carr's agent negotiating with a team that cuts a deal that they will sign him once the Raiders release him. It would defeat the whole purpose. 

As of now I think we’re either going to end up cutting Carr or holding onto him past February 15th deadline in hopes of getting a better deal. 

3 hours ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

I think he gets cut before pro bowl 

Meh. If we were going to cut him before the Pro Bowl I think that we would've already done it by now to be honest. I doubt the new regime is that worried about him getting seriously injured in a flag football game.

Doesn’t feel like a trade is gonna happen. It’s already gonna be Feb 3rd. Raiders seem to not trust Carr and his agent with them not giving them permission to speak with teams. Just doesn’t seem like there is a path for a trade in the next 11 days. Hope I am wrong but it’s really hard to see it happening 

• Like 1