Raiders to release QB Derek Carr (Page 73)

RaidersAreOne

3 minutes ago, Nightmare said:

Schefter disagreeing (again) with other reports. Says we have allowed his camp to speak to other teams - providing those teams hahe agreed compensation with the Raiders.

Honestly I don’t think anyone really knows what’s going on. Some are saying Carr will be cut before the flag football game. Some that he’ll be cut after. Some that he getting traded. I think we’ll know in 2 weeks honestly. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, RaidersAreOne said:

It’s literally a game of chess. Carr has a no trade clause but the Raiders can block his negotiating dialogue until they agreed with compensation with a certain team.

Smart on behalf of Ziegler to get compensation. But could ultimately still lead to a cut this weekend.

8 minutes ago, agarcia34 said:

Hot seat Vic for being wrong as always 

He’s already tweeted back at Schefter saying it’s “word scramble”.

Our Athletic guys are terrible. Constant shots at the team and passive aggressive comments because they’re clearly out of the loop.

11 minutes ago, Nightmare said:

He’s already tweeted back at Schefter saying it’s “word scramble”.

Our Athletic guys are terrible. Constant shots at the team and passive aggressive comments because they’re clearly out of the loop.

Vic and all those guys have always been unreliable (which is typical of beat guys). I always wait for either Rappaport or Schefter to report.

5 minutes ago, Rich7sena said:

Vic and all those guys have always been unreliable (which is typical of beat guys). I always wait for either Rappaport or Schefter to report.

I honestly think the only one who ever had real insider knowledge was Jerry Mac. He seems to have dropped out of the picture these days, but always seemed in the loop in Oakland.

Hondo is probably the most clued in at this point, but he’s a bit weird in the way he does it imo.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, RaidersAreOne said:

Carr is so passive aggressive. Subtley not being subtle by liking Vic's tweet lol.

Seeing other posters finally type this that isn’t buck is pretty surreal. I’ve been calling Carr passive aggressive since 2017. Dude can’t take criticism, even constructively in a positive way, without reacting like a child. There were so many locker room interviews and press conferences during both the 2017 and 2018 seasons that made me view the guy as a passive aggressive beta. Which really sucked, because after 2016 I thought we had something special. Nah, it was fools gold. 

1 minute ago, BayRaider said:

Seeing other posters finally type this that isn’t buck is pretty surreal. I’ve been calling Carr passive aggressive since 2017. Dude can’t take criticism, even constructively in a positive way, without reacting like a child. There were so many locker room interviews and press conferences during both the 2017 and 2018 seasons that made me view the guy as a passive aggressive beta. Which really sucked, because after 2016 I thought we had something special. Nah, it was fools gold. 

Really? I feel like most posters here found Carr to be a pretty big wimp. He did all the fake "It's on my, I need to be better, etc" like a cheesy leader, but I don't think any fans nor players fell for it.

Maybe I am wrong.

1 minute ago, RaidersAreOne said:

Really? I feel like most posters here found Carr to be a pretty big wimp. He did all the fake "It's on my, I need to be better, etc" like a cheesy leader, but I don't think any fans nor players fell for it.

Maybe I am wrong.

Nah many posters here always hyped him up as this great leader. He’s not and never was. 

And yes, the locker room never fell for his bs. And he lost the locker room twice, in 2017 and 2022. It honestly sounds like the players believe in McDaniels vision and offense. Carr is the one who could not execute to save his life. And has not executed in the redzone for nine years, he panics when the field condenses and there’s not enough open room. When the field condenses, you have to fit it in small windows, “fully open” is rare in the redzone. And then his fans always blamed people weren’t open enough in the redzone and don’t understand football 101. 

4 hours ago, Nightmare said:

Schefter disagreeing (again) with other reports. Says we have allowed his camp to speak to other teams - providing those teams hahe agreed compensation with the Raiders.

That's huge. "TEAMS". Hopefully he's being literal in what he heard, means we've got competition and it's not down to one team lowballing us an offer we can't refuse. 

• Like 1