Raiders to release QB Derek Carr (Page 73)

RaidersAreOne

14 hours ago, Nightmare said:

He’s already tweeted back at Schefter saying it’s “word scramble”.

Our Athletic guys are terrible. Constant shots at the team and passive aggressive comments because they’re clearly out of the loop.

Tashan Reed and Vic Tafur are the worst.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, BayRaider said:

. And then his fans always blamed people weren’t open enough in the redzone and don’t understand football 101. 

You said the OL positions are "extremely overrated". Stop talking about people not understanding football 101 unless you're talking about yourself lol. 

10 hours ago, agarcia34 said:

Just release him at this point. Wipe your hands clean and focus on moving forward. Good riddance 

You read a quote that there are offers on the table for him, from Adam Schefter, and you just want to cut him?

I think your hte for DC is making you think irrationally. 

getting draft picks for him is wayyyy better then cutting him. 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, BackinBlack said:

You read a quote that there are offers on the table for him, from Adam Schefter, and you just want to cut him?

After re-reading Schefter's and Tafur's tweets, it seems like there is the possibility that the Raiders have not agreed to compensation yet and, thus, Carr's camp cannot speak to any teams. However, Schefter's tweet does seem to imply that the Raiders have agreed to compensation with some teams.

I think Brady's retirement helps the possibility of a trade before the 15th. It creates a clear need for a Bucs team with a "win now" roster and takes a free agent off the market.

54 minutes ago, BackinBlack said:

Crazy thing is we can agree verbally say with the panthers carr for a 2nd in 2023. Feb 15th goes by. Carr can decide you know what I changed my mind. Perfectly legal. Very risky. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BackinBlack said:

it has nothing to do with how I feel about 4. It’s now the Raiders are handling the trade part of it. If you’re not gonna allow him to speak with teams before a trade is agreed to then stop delaying the obvious and just cut him. 

• Like 2

55 minutes ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

Crazy thing is we can agree verbally say with the panthers carr for a 2nd in 2023. Feb 15th goes by. Carr can decide you know what I changed my mind. Perfectly legal. Very risky. 

Right. The only power that the Raiders have is that they can hold Carr Which no matter what is a temporary solution because it's a foregone conclusion by all parties involved the Carr won't be the quarterback for the team anymore.

14 hours ago, NickButera said:

That's huge. "TEAMS". Hopefully he's being literal in what he heard, means we've got competition and it's not down to one team lowballing us an offer we can't refuse. 

Maybe I'm reading it incorrectly, but i don't think Schefter necessarily means that multiple teams are currently negotiating with Carr.  I read it as that any teams wanting to talk to Carr need to agree to a trade compensation with Las Vegas first.  Otherwise, they'll just release him.  Basically, make us an offer or we're going to toss him into FA.  I get the leverage tactic.

2 minutes ago, BobbyPhil1781 said:

Yeah, people here are assuming we're going to get some first or second round pick for Carr even though they say he's terrible. It might happen but reality suggests we won't get anything other than a day 3 pick if anything at all. We have absolutely no leverage here. 

IF Falcons can get a 3rd round pick for Matt Ryan, I have little doubt that the Raiders can get at least a Day 2 pick for him.

20 hours ago, Nightmare said:

Schefter disagreeing (again) with other reports. Says we have allowed his camp to speak to other teams - providing those teams hahe agreed compensation with the Raiders.

This is exactly how I said it would play out.  We agree to compensation with teams before Carr can negotiate with teams.  Carr finds a home he likes then he will waive his no trade clause.  Teams are locked in on the value of Carr with the Raiders and Carr must lock in the value of a contract with a team he likes.  Now anyone can change their mind but it would destroy their credibility.  Now if Carr agrees to compensation with teams or really likes a renegotiated contract with a team or teams he likes then expect him to pull out of the flag football game tomorrow.  If he gets hurt he is risking all of his guaranteed money.

55 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

IF Falcons can get a 3rd round pick for Matt Ryan, I have little doubt that the Raiders can get at least a Day 2 pick for him.

I can't remember Matt's situation but did it mimic Carr's in the sense that he was overpaid and was going to be cut by day X while having a no trade clause he had to waive?