Regular Season Finale - Around the NFL

WizardHawk

15 minutes ago, elevators_rule said:

Eagles are genuinely terrible without Hurts. They're going to lose today, and now they have no momentum. I think they might win next week with Hurts, but their momentum is gone, team is lost. They're done in the playoffs. 9ers and Cowboys are all that's left for contenders.

I think this is a bit premature. They DID hang 34 on Dallas last week. I have NO idea what is happening today, other than perhaps teams have finally found a chink in their defense and are exposing it.

But I do agree, Hurts IS this teams best chance at a championship.

Without him, the odds drop significantly. But I wouldn't say they can't regain their momentum.

5 minutes ago, Rtnldave said:

I think this is a bit premature. They DID hang 34 on Dallas last week. I have NO idea what is happening today, other than perhaps teams have finally found a chink in their defense and are exposing it.

But I do agree, Hurts IS this teams best chance at a championship.

Without him, the odds drop significantly. But I wouldn't say they can't regain their momentum.

Tbh, could be some of my optimism/happiness talking while watching them play so poorly 😂

But truth be told, their whole team does look awful. I think a genuine possibility is Hurts returns next week after 2 weeks of not playing, coldly beats the Giants, has a bye which makes him even more cold, and the Eagles get trounced in the divisonal round by the hot Cowboys who have been playing their *** off for the final few weeks by the season.

Hot > Cold

8 minutes ago, elevators_rule said:

Tbh, could be some of my optimism/happiness talking while watching them play so poorly 😂

But truth be told, their whole team does look awful. I think a genuine possibility is Hurts returns next week after 2 weeks of not playing, coldly beats the Giants, has a bye which makes him even more cold, and the Eagles get trounced in the divisonal round by the hot Cowboys who have been playing their *** off for the final few weeks by the season.

Hot > Cold

Yes to the 1st, yes to the 2nd, disagree with the 3rd "Cowboys playing their ... Off."

They have been sloppy, turnover prone, missed opportunities, etc.

Granted, they have been winning, but they need to be sharper.

1 hour ago, elevators_rule said:

Eagles are genuinely terrible without Hurts. They're going to lose today, and now they have no momentum. I think they might win next week with Hurts, but their momentum is gone, team is lost. They're done in the playoffs. 9ers and Cowboys are all that's left for contenders.

Love the confidence but I wouldn't quite go that far just yet.

16 minutes ago, NoFlyZone said:

Think Philly likely wins this at this point.

Nah, this game right here is the Eagles end of the season. Sometimes in the NFL, the best team wins. A lot of times it's more accurate to say the hottest team at the end wins. The Eagles won their Superbowl because they got hot. Just like the Rams/Bengals both made the Superbowl last season because they were hot. Not saying any of these teams are bad, just that how hot you are really dictates how far you will go. The Eagles were hot the first part of the season, but with their decision to rest Hurts for injury purposes, they lost it all. They are cold, ice cold. They're going to look at ugly the rest of this season and be home watching in mid January. Great season, completely wasted- and I love it.

Cowboys haven't looked amazing, but they're winning big, important games. They'll win next week, and carry those wins into the playoffs. Not many teams in the NFC can deal with their offense, especially if you remove a few tiny mistakes. Our superbowl matchup will give us problems, but the NFC, outside of the 9ers, will be a cake walk IMO from here on out.